We recently completed a 30-day stay at this hotel and loved it. The staff was accomodating and friendly, which is the exception in Washington, D.C. The hotel gave us an extended-stay break on the daily Internet rate. When I asked if my mother-in-law could stay with us for a week, to help my pregnant wife, hotel staff said "no problem - and no charge" They even gave her free breakfast privileges. When I errored in extending our stay by a few days on line, the staff sorted it out and charged us the lowest rate they could. When the coin laundry soap dispenser took our money and provided no soap, the staff gave us free laundry soap.
There are definite advantages to staying at this hotel in August, when Washington's weather is unbearable. First, the hotel is located in an airconditioned complex, so you can delay your entry into this city's Amazonian heat and humidity. Second, the Chevy Chase Pavillion, in which the hotel is housed, lies 50 yards from a half-dozen nice restaurants, including a first-rate Indian establishment across the street. Third, you can access the Metro (subway) without leaving the complex: it's directly below the hotel. Plus, a bus station is located across the street, and destinations include parts of Washington and Montgomery Co, Maryland. A supermarket stands across the street; a UPS store too, in case you need to mail something that might get lost on an airplane. Finally, the area has high-end shopping, including Saks, Tiffanys, and similar establishments.
In short, we would be inclined to stay here in the event we need to stay in Washington, D.C.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.