From the day my daughter decided she wanted to attend American University in Washington D. C., our hotel of choice when we're in the city has been the Embassy Suites in the Chevy Chase Plaza. From it's location, so convenient to the AU, Georgetown and GW campuses and it's close proximity to great restaurants, world class shopping and the downtown Washington attractions, it is the perfect choice for any visit.
Our most recent visit last week is typical of the experience you will enjoy when you stay here. Walking into the lobby, we were greeted by name by front desk professionals, Edgar and Widny, who truly make you feel like they are glad you are back. At the Manager's Reception Happy Hour, which is complimentary with every room, our friend Roger, the mixologist in command of the bar at Willie's most evenings, was there to greet us. Roger is always ready traditional cocktails and never afraid to try whipping something up for you if you can remember the ingredients. At the Manager's Breakfast Service, a full hot breakfast buffet that is also complimentary with every room, our friend and server Richard, who we met on our first visit in 2012 and has never forgotten our names, was as graciously attentive as always. And when you meet the Manager of Operations, Terrence, it becomes clear why this hotel runs like a fine Swiss watch. His commitment to the care of his guests is evident in everything he does and his dedication to and respect for his staff is the reason he gets such high quality performances from each of them.
All of this and the rooms are spacious, spotless, comfortable and fairly priced as well.
For my, the Embassy Suites is more like visit a loved one's home than staying in a hotel and I always feel as though I am with my family.
I urge you to give this fine establishment a try and be sure to safe hello to all my good friends on the staff for me and tell them I'll see them in the fall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels property, the Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion has been completely renovated and re-invented enhancing our award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington DC, directly atop the Metro Red Line at the Friendship Heights Station, the Embassy Suites offers all-suite accommodations, exceptional value with out complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, unbeatable location half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and Washington D.C. Businesses and sites, and an exceptional team of hospitality professionals dedicated to providing an unmatched service experience. With the completion of our major renovation in October 2014, the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion now also offers Willie's Bar, an excellent place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing or meetings. Also, Willie's donates 1% of revenues to the ALS Association of DC\MD\VA in honor of Wilfredo Benavides, our longtime Sous Chef for whom Willie's is named after. The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion is Washington DC's premiere all-suite property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites