We stayed over April break with our 2 boys 9&11. Nice room! Tile Floor (that just looks like wood) very dirty, though, a bit sticky and immediately blackened our socks, we had to constantly remember NOT to remove our shoes like we always do. Impressed by the furniture in this ES! Felt spacious and well laid out. Bathroom a bit small, could barely close door, I would have made kitchen a bit smaller & given space to bathroom. Like other ES's, shower curtain vs. Glass enclosure. Finishes good though, granite etc.
I appreciated that staff gave us extra towels without our asking on 2nd day :)
We had an issue with what was apparently our neighbor plugging in some sort of alarm that went off every hour all night long, waking all of us up in the bedroom on the other side of their living room wall. Spoke to front desk next morning, they checked with neighbor, who removed the electronics, thankfully! Surprised the noise transfers through the wall so easily, be aware of what you plug in. 1 less night of sleep for all of us.
Location: redline metro right in basement, which is great, esp if it's raining! Good learning experience for kids of riding metro. Metro a bit pricey though. About 6-8$/pp round trip to center stop ( which is 4-5 blocks to smithsonian). Could park at a garage for $20/ day. DC streets not as crowded as NY or Boston for driving. A few stops to zoo but if you go early, during the week, not high volume timing ( CT had it's break when most others around did not), you could probably get a free spot in 1 of many lots. Metro seems very pricey in comparison. And stops are not that convenient to sites- there's still lots of walking.
There is a whole foods within 2 minute walk. GREAT! They have a fantastic taco station, lots of dinner options and a few seats. Also Cheesecake factory in- building, but it seems understaffed/ chef doesn't seem to be the best... others I've been to were better food/ service. A wait for a table when there were many open.
"mall"- this is not as I imagined. There's a starbucks on 1st floor, CVS, a few other shops, but not a mall. Great to have these places, but just not as I imagined. Galleria across street, also small. Good area if you'd like to visit Jimmy Choo, Tiffany and such. But not a happening place, not as many options as I'd envisioned per reviews.
Breakfast- great! 1st day, a Sunday, there was a bus full in line at 7am. Full back to tv areas. Wait was about 10-15 min though :) BECAUSE one of the onsite managers had chosen to open the second line. His boss (big guy, stubbly) took him aside- where guests could hear him- and chastised him for opening 2nd line! Not appropriate. Busses of people, families, don't come and stay here so we can spend our morning waiting in line!!!! You have to know how to keep it quick, and do so. Rest of our mornings not too busy. Though it would be better if they could figure out how to separate the omelette station from the buffet more, so people who are fine with buffet don't get stuck waiting while those in line for omelette are standing in front of buffet/ holding up entire line.
Bottom line: Not sure if I'd stay at this location again, it was a bit far out from sites and metro is pretty costly and not that convenient. Definitely staying with Embassy Suites again though. We tried ES Convention Center last April, we found that to be Looonnng walk to nat mall, a bit crowded/ long lines at breakfast, and not enough other food options for us/ our kids. Might try one near Dupont circle next year, not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels property, the Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion has been completely renovated and re-invented enhancing our award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington DC, directly atop the Metro Red Line at the Friendship Heights Station, the Embassy Suites offers all-suite accommodations, exceptional value with out complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, unbeatable location half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and Washington D.C. Businesses and sites, and an exceptional team of hospitality professionals dedicated to providing an unmatched service experience. With the completion of our major renovation in October 2014, the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion now also offers Willie's Bar, an excellent place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing or meetings. Also, Willie's donates 1% of revenues to the ALS Association of DC\MD\VA in honor of Wilfredo Benavides, our longtime Sous Chef for whom Willie's is named after. The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion is Washington DC's premiere all-suite property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites