My boyfriend and I visited Washington, D. C. for a short weekend trip. We opted to stay at the Embassy Suites because of the price as it's not directly downtown. Since it's about a 15-20min metro ride from the monuments, the rates are a bit less than downtown. However, the location is great! There is access to the metro right underneath the hotel and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.
The hotel is attached to Chevy Chase Pavilion which has a few restaurants and shops and across the street there is a movie theater, grocery stores (Whole Foods and Giant), retail shopping, etc. It was convenient that there was a CVS in the Chevy Chase Pavilion. We stopped here when we wanted bottles of water/drinks and snacks.
We stayed in a King room on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and well kept. We were very pleased.
The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which was good. They offer made-to-order eggs which is nice! Also, daily there is a complimentary drink/snack service where you can have that--drinks and snacks for free.
I used the gym. The gym offers a lot more than other hotel gyms. There are a few treadmills, elliptical machines, and a bunch of weight machines. My only comment is that the elliptical I used needed some maintenance. It was rickety and not balanced.
We would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels property, the Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion has been completely renovated and re-invented enhancing our award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington DC, directly atop the Metro Red Line at the Friendship Heights Station, the Embassy Suites offers all-suite accommodations, exceptional value with out complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, unbeatable location half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and Washington D.C. Businesses and sites, and an exceptional team of hospitality professionals dedicated to providing an unmatched service experience. With the completion of our major renovation in October 2014, the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion now also offers Willie's Bar, an excellent place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing or meetings. Also, Willie's donates 1% of revenues to the ALS Association of DC\MD\VA in honor of Wilfredo Benavides, our longtime Sous Chef for whom Willie's is named after. The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion is Washington DC's premiere all-suite property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites