We stayed overnight at The Embassy Suites at Chevy Chase Pavilion three times during 2014 and enjoyed it very much. Our ophthalmologist. Eye Doctors' of Washington, is right across the street, making it totally convenient, especially during my husband's two eye surgeries in May. We returned for a check-up in October 2014 and decided to stay overnight again.
The hotel staff does everything possible to accommodate. On our first visit last May. there was a fire at 6 am somewhere in the hotel. We were suddenly awakened by a loud announcement and had to scurry down 7 flights of stairs (no elevators working) and outside for a few minutes. On our way back to our room, I mentioned to a staff member escorting us how upsetting this whole event was. When we went to pay our bill, it had been taken care of. During our October visit, there was an initial confusion about our promised room assignment, but Courtlen K. at the Front Desk took beautiful care of us and worked everything out the best he could.
I would suggest requesting a room on a high floor to avoid road noise and to choose a room on the Western Avenue side, which has much less traffic at night than Wisconsin Avenue. As I mentioned above, we found when we returned in October that the 7th Floor room we were promised was not available because that floor had been remodeled as an Executive Floor. Courtlen K. placed us on the 6th Floor after an unfortunately long wait (we checked in before leaving for a day at the museums and on our return our room was still not ready due to late leaving guests). That night, we found that apparently some insulation was lacking during the remodeling. Unlike our experience in May when our room was totally quiet at night, we heard loud noise all night long from Floor 7 above. In future, we will request a room on the 5th Floor to be high above traffic and assuming the original insulation is in place so we will enjoy a quiet night as we did in May. Surely our unfortunate night time experience will not be repeated.
On each of our visits, our two-room suite was lovely and clean and offered many amenities, especially a spectacular view of Chevy Chase's lights at night - a treat for country lovers like ourselves. Our king bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in and the two rooms allowed for my husband to get up and read at night without awakening me. We were provided a refrigerator and microwave and two televisions, and were able to control the temperature in our suite.
The hotel offers complimentary access to a business center that offers several computers. I have a small business that requires I check online often, so this service is very much appreciated. There is an additional charge for individual WiFi for your personal computer in most rooms. Overnight parking is provided, for a fee, and we were able to leave our car in the lot while we went to our appointment and not pick it up until around noon. The hotel is priced commensurate with similar hotels in the area, but is more conveniently located to shopping and restaurants one can reach on foot. Interesting shops on the premises offer fun shopping experiences, and the Red Line subway access is right outside the door.
An Embassy Suites stay includes many food treats. Each evening, we enjoyed complimentary Wine and Cheese at Willie's Bar, where we were beautifully taken care of by Raja K. It was so relaxing to be seated overlooking the huge atrium, enjoying a light show and unlimited delicious wine and snacks.
Each morning, we were treated to a complimentary sumptuous breakfast buffet that offered every breakfast food you could imagine - scrambled or hard-boiled eggs, crispy bacon and sausage links, cold and hot cereal with brown sugar and raisins, wonderful sweet muffins, as well as English muffins and bread to toast. My husband had a made-to-order omelet stuffed with many delicious ingredients. We washed all this down with perfect coffee and could have several kinds of juice and water. On all three occasions, we were cared for so beautifully by a wonderful woman named Chandrani - so sweet - she remembered me by name on each visit, making me feel right at home! And my tray was graciously carried by Richard, who checked on us constantly and couldn't do enough to assure our comfort. We could get used to this on a daily basis!!
We have high marks for the personal service and fabulous food we've enjoyed on every visit to Embassy Suites at Chevy Chase Pavilion. And we plan to make it our go-to overnight venue every six months when we go for our semi-annual ophthalmology check-up. We used to drive up just for the day. But now we go the day before our appointment, enjoying a trip on the nearby subway to the many museums Washington has to offer, returning to our "home away from home" at night for wine and cheese and comfort in a hotel we have come to enjoy so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels property, the Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion has been completely renovated and re-invented enhancing our award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington DC, directly atop the Metro Red Line at the Friendship Heights Station, the Embassy Suites offers all-suite accommodations, exceptional value with out complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, unbeatable location half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and Washington D.C. Businesses and sites, and an exceptional team of hospitality professionals dedicated to providing an unmatched service experience. With the completion of our major renovation in October 2014, the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion now also offers Willie's Bar, an excellent place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing or meetings. Also, Willie's donates 1% of revenues to the ALS Association of DC\MD\VA in honor of Wilfredo Benavides, our longtime Sous Chef for whom Willie's is named after. The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion is Washington DC's premiere all-suite property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites