The Embassy Suites at Chevy Pavilion is what you would expect from an Embassy Suites: spacious and clean rooms and free breakfast. The only disappointing aspect is that the hotel only has double beds, not queen beds like other Embassy Suites. What makes this Embassy Suites special is its location. Right below the hotel is a Metro stop (Friendship Heights, red line) which is perfect for visiting D.C. without having to pay the high price of a hotel in the heart of D.C. And you get breakfast included, granted the food isn't the best but it works for a family of five. It worked out especially well in that we were here during the July 4th holiday (the fireworks on The Mall were awesome!!! ) and we got discounted rates because the wedding we were attending had negotiated a group discount. Because we watched the fireworks near one of the Metro stations, it only took us about 1 hour to get back to our hotel room after the fireworks were over (a process that could take multiple hours). That included a transfer from the blue line to the red line. In addition to being right on top of a Metro station, it's also right next to two major shopping centers. We didn't actually go these centers but from the outside, they look very nice. One center had many of the high-end designer stores whereas the other one had more of the mainstream stores. The Pavilion itself had a few stores (J. Crew and H&M) and restaurants (Cheesecake Factory where we ate the first night we arrived in D.C. and "Range", a fancy restaurant by Bryan Voltaggio, a two-time James Beard Foundation Award finalist). I'd definitely consider staying here again if I ever visit D.C. in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites