We stayed at this hotel for the week of July 4th. We had a car for the first couple nights, then used the Metro to get to DC. Two issues kept this from being a full 5 stars, one- parking- we were not told we had to bring our parking ticket to the front desk for validation. So we had to pay to exit the parking garage, then get the parking charge removed from our room charge. Second issue was having to pay for Internet....really? I am an honors member with over 88,000 honors points, which should get me free Internet. But I was told I only had 50,000 BASE points,, I needed 75,000 BASE points to get free Internet. I can't use BONUS points for that....what? I was told the lobby had free Internet, but that was hijacking the RANGE restaurants Internet. So Hilton won't even splurge for a decent wireless in their lobby?
Rooms were great, beds very comfortable and we slept well. Rooms were clean and we were in an out on some days, and the maids worked around us and our rooms were always magically clean when we returned.
The included breakfast was good, but don't wait till the last minute, they get a big crush around 9 to 9:30 , and the line is long!
Managers reception was very nice, the bar tender was awesome, and made the best Margarita I had ever had.
Pool was good, they had locker rooms with showers and towels. Kids loved spending some down time here. I was disappointed that my son could not use the workout area. He plays competitive soccer, and being at sea level, he wanted to run everyday to keep in shape, since he had some team practices right when we returned to altitude in Colorado. Since he was only 13 they would not allow him in. He was just going to be running on the treadmill right next to his dad. But they kicked him out when he was honest when they asked how old he was. My husband was willing to sign a waiver, but they still said no. I guess they don't want young teens to be in shape....big disappointment since we were spending a whole week here.
Overall, they location and amenities were awesome, AMC movie theaters, restaurants, and a CVS all within the building or across the street. We would recommend this spot very highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites