We recently took our grandchildren on their first trip to Washington. Since they are still young (6 and 9) we wanted a hotel that had an indoor pool and was close to public transportation. I had been concerned that it was a little far from the historic center, but with a metro stop on the lower level it was no problem. We skipped rush hours and never had any trouble getting to the many tourist destinations. The buffet breakfast included in the price was among the best I have seen - a variety of hot breakfast choice each morning, eggs and omelets cooked to order as well as fresh fruit, breads, hot and cold cereal. Something for everybody. For our purposes, the seperate bedroom and two televisions were very important. The pool and hot tub were just one floor up from our room and was good for winding down at the end of the day. We appreciated the stores and restaurants right in the same building as well as the nice restaurants up and down the street. While there were many good shopping choices, we really didn't have time to go to the indoor Malls right across the street, but they were very convenient. The front desk was very helpful - we had family arriving in the middle of the night whose room wouldn't be ready until the next day. They provided us with an extra bed in our room and family was able to get a key at 3am (prearranged) and just slip into the room (with some kid shuffling) and sleep with us for the remainder of the night. The exercise room was far superior to most I have seen.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Olotels, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.