“Wonderful stay and excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 Military Rd. NW, Washington DC, DC 20015 (Upper Northwest)   |
Special Offer
DC Explorer Package $179+
Ranked #18 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado
“Wonderful stay and excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love this place!
From the moment you check in, the front desk staff were very welcoming and took care of our every need.The made to order breakfast was a great start to our day, the Managers Reception was great in the early evening.
We love the location with the shops all around and the Metro in the hotel you can't go wrong staying here.
The rooms are spacious with plenty of room to spread out.

Room Tip: They are all suites you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Littleton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavillio staff and services were outstanding and I would stay again and recommend to friends and family. The location to other shopping stores and resturants were
most convenient. The locaton of the metro near by was also an advantage for traveling to downtown Wahshington and to the Hill. if requested the Hotel will make a car and driver available.

Room Tip: Room on the floor with business and food facilities work well for me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jbrainard, General Manager at Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Eva C,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for an outstanding review! I am very happy to hear that our staff was able to make a positive impact on your stay and that you found our location perfect for your needs. We appreciate having you with us and hope to have you back again very soon! Thank you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a nice hotel that is conveniently located next door to the Friendship Heights (Red line) Metro stop, with access to the train from the basement of the hotel. It's clean, offers the fantastic Embassy Suites trademark breakfast and cocktail hour, and is even attached to a shopping mall with J Crew, Lord & Taylor and an H&M coming this spring.

Two down sides in my opinion (1) was no concierge, and (2) there was a $24 charge per night to park your car in their garage. However, we were able to find conveniently close street parking for free on Military Rd, so no charge for us! The front desk was hit and miss with concierge-type help. One clerk made great recommendations for breakfast places nearby, but told us walking or driving/taxi was only way to get there (1 mile trip). However, on our return from the restaurant, we discovered there's a Friendship Heights bus stop next to the Metro that had a bus every few minutes that went straight to the corner where the restaurant was. We asked another clerk to recommend some things to see besides the standard tourist sites, but she said "that's pretty much all there is". So, really could have used a concierge.

This hotel is quite convenient for college visits - one Metro stop from American University, and only a few stops from Georgetown University, using the college shuttle from Dupont Circle. It's in an upscale, safe neighborhood. Another convenience was that this hotel is two Metro stops away from a non-airport car rental place - Avis. We used public transportation most of the week, then rented a car the last couple of days to drive to Baltimore and Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Room across for elevator was not the best choice as you hear the elevator run all night long. For m...
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location for Metro. Easy to get into D.C. for sightseeing and to Bethesda for food and shopping. Clean. Complimentary bfast and managers reception with comp drinks was great (reception esp helpful after long day of pulling family around D.C.). Location was great for shopping and eating (Cheesecake Factory was frequented).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear roentres,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for a terrific review. I am glad that you were able to utilize many of our services including our breakfast, manager's reception and our health club during your visit and have also shared your positive comments with the Cheesecake Factory team as well! We look forward to having you back again soon and we promise that our manager's reception will be waiting after another great day of touring our national capital!

Thanks again for sharing your great experience.

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is Hotel is 50% in a mall. Food and metro is easy to get to. My room was above some construction, it started at about 6am every morning. I stay in allot of Embassy Suites and I'm a huge fan, this just isn't one of the nicer units. Its within walking distance of a few things but they are mostly chain restaurants. This would still be a great place if you have a group of people and wanted the extra room/pull out bed.
For half my trip to DC I stayed at the Hyatt down the street, it was a better location then this one but this was a little cheaper. The Hyatt is 10 feet from the metro and has the famous "Bathesda Shops".

If you stay here at ES goto Range the restaurant right by it, amazing place.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jbrainard, General Manager at Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Jack C -

Thank you for your review and comments and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. I do know that during your stay the work in the new H&M space started early and well before their agreed times and impacted you as well as a number of guests.

We have worked with the Pavilion management team to address the work in the retail area and believe that we now have a final solution. I am hopeful that our team was able to work with you to address your concerns as we have with other guests that were similarly impacted and hope that you will give us another chance and return this summer when H&M is fully open and a compliment to the other offerings in the Pavilion.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed RANGE. Bryan and his team have created an exceptional restaurant concept that they execute incredibly well which really adds to the Pavilion and area.

Again, I am very sorry that we did not live up to your previous experiences at other Embassy properties and please know that we are committed to improving and hope to have you back with us soon so you can experience us at our very best. Thank you.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

If I wasn't with my grandkids, I would never stay here. Take me to the Ritz, please! But with kids, the location with access to the metro, lots of restaurants, attached garage and very good breakfasts made to order, well it is a good deal. BUT, there is construction noise even at 8 pm Sunday night from the rehab of the attached unfinished mall stores and the tv's in all the living rooms pixaelate. I asked about it and was told "they are working on it". But after several days, to me it looks hopeless. The bathroom is tiny with a tub that does have grab bars. The executive suite (one on each floor) is bigger than the other accommodations but same layout, same poor lighting same boring drab furniture. You would think that a rehab of this facility would create something with a bit more style. No closets in the rooms, a wardrobe takes it's place. Even though it is an atrium hotel, the rooms have excellent soundproofing. The bedroom is on the outside wall, the living room window opens on the atrium hallway. Internet is costly which is always outrageous. Multiple devices have to be entered separately and we were told that the multiple charges per day would be eliminated from the bill at checkout. We'll see how that goes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear durgaChicago,

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the challenges experienced with your stay. I am very sorry also for the continued television challenges that I know have been improved but not 100% rectified with the living room sets. This is something that our two vendors are working on and while we have made significant progress and corrected all issues for our LG televisions, we are unfortunately not where I want us to be yet but hope to be very, very soon.

The construction noise from the H&M space that we experienced on Sunday was inexcusable and I apologize that there was work going on at all outside of the afternoon which is their agreed work time. While I know they have not repeated this, the impact on Sunday is more than enough to impact an entire stay; again I apologize for that.

I trust that our team is continuing to work with you to ensure the balance of your stay exceeds your expectations and do hope that you will be able to return when H&M if fully open and an added offering within the Pavilion.

Thank you for your review and comments and thank you for staying with us.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I spent three nights at the Chevy Chase Embassy Suites in Washington DC from March 14 - 17, 2013. It was my best hotel experience in my life. Everyone was especially friendly and helpful including the bellhops, the staff at the reception desk and the breakfast room!!

Dear Barbara C,

Than you for the great review! I have shared your comments with our team and I appreciate your recognition of several of our areas and team members. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will have the opportinuty to return as our guest very soon. Thank you.

Jeff Brainard

Been to Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion? Share your experiences!