“clean, metro under hotel, nice exercise facility, great complimentary bfast and evening mngrs reception w/ comp drinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 Military Rd. NW, Washington DC, DC 20015 (Upper Northwest)   |
Offers & Announcements
DC Family Spring Getaway
Ranked #17 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location for Metro. Easy to get into D.C. for sightseeing and to Bethesda for food and shopping. Clean. Complimentary bfast and managers reception with comp drinks was great (reception esp helpful after long day of pulling family around D.C.). Location was great for shopping and eating (Cheesecake Factory was frequented).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jbrainard, General Manager at Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear roentres,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for a terrific review. I am glad that you were able to utilize many of our services including our breakfast, manager's reception and our health club during your visit and have also shared your positive comments with the Cheesecake Factory team as well! We look forward to having you back again soon and we promise that our manager's reception will be waiting after another great day of touring our national capital!

Thanks again for sharing your great experience.

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is Hotel is 50% in a mall. Food and metro is easy to get to. My room was above some construction, it started at about 6am every morning. I stay in allot of Embassy Suites and I'm a huge fan, this just isn't one of the nicer units. Its within walking distance of a few things but they are mostly chain restaurants. This would still be a great place if you have a group of people and wanted the extra room/pull out bed.
For half my trip to DC I stayed at the Hyatt down the street, it was a better location then this one but this was a little cheaper. The Hyatt is 10 feet from the metro and has the famous "Bathesda Shops".

If you stay here at ES goto Range the restaurant right by it, amazing place.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jbrainard, General Manager at Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Jack C -

Thank you for your review and comments and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. I do know that during your stay the work in the new H&M space started early and well before their agreed times and impacted you as well as a number of guests.

We have worked with the Pavilion management team to address the work in the retail area and believe that we now have a final solution. I am hopeful that our team was able to work with you to address your concerns as we have with other guests that were similarly impacted and hope that you will give us another chance and return this summer when H&M is fully open and a compliment to the other offerings in the Pavilion.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed RANGE. Bryan and his team have created an exceptional restaurant concept that they execute incredibly well which really adds to the Pavilion and area.

Again, I am very sorry that we did not live up to your previous experiences at other Embassy properties and please know that we are committed to improving and hope to have you back with us soon so you can experience us at our very best. Thank you.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

If I wasn't with my grandkids, I would never stay here. Take me to the Ritz, please! But with kids, the location with access to the metro, lots of restaurants, attached garage and very good breakfasts made to order, well it is a good deal. BUT, there is construction noise even at 8 pm Sunday night from the rehab of the attached unfinished mall stores and the tv's in all the living rooms pixaelate. I asked about it and was told "they are working on it". But after several days, to me it looks hopeless. The bathroom is tiny with a tub that does have grab bars. The executive suite (one on each floor) is bigger than the other accommodations but same layout, same poor lighting same boring drab furniture. You would think that a rehab of this facility would create something with a bit more style. No closets in the rooms, a wardrobe takes it's place. Even though it is an atrium hotel, the rooms have excellent soundproofing. The bedroom is on the outside wall, the living room window opens on the atrium hallway. Internet is costly which is always outrageous. Multiple devices have to be entered separately and we were told that the multiple charges per day would be eliminated from the bill at checkout. We'll see how that goes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear durgaChicago,

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the challenges experienced with your stay. I am very sorry also for the continued television challenges that I know have been improved but not 100% rectified with the living room sets. This is something that our two vendors are working on and while we have made significant progress and corrected all issues for our LG televisions, we are unfortunately not where I want us to be yet but hope to be very, very soon.

The construction noise from the H&M space that we experienced on Sunday was inexcusable and I apologize that there was work going on at all outside of the afternoon which is their agreed work time. While I know they have not repeated this, the impact on Sunday is more than enough to impact an entire stay; again I apologize for that.

I trust that our team is continuing to work with you to ensure the balance of your stay exceeds your expectations and do hope that you will be able to return when H&M if fully open and an added offering within the Pavilion.

Thank you for your review and comments and thank you for staying with us.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I spent three nights at the Chevy Chase Embassy Suites in Washington DC from March 14 - 17, 2013. It was my best hotel experience in my life. Everyone was especially friendly and helpful including the bellhops, the staff at the reception desk and the breakfast room!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara C,

Than you for the great review! I have shared your comments with our team and I appreciate your recognition of several of our areas and team members. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will have the opportinuty to return as our guest very soon. Thank you.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love the location of this hotel. The Metro location is so handy. I hate driving in Washington DC and being able to take the escalator to the Metro station and get on the Red line is perfect. The Hotel itself is standard Embassy Suites. That means clean comfortable rooms, good value, good customer service and a full breakfast. This Hotel also sits in a small mall with a number of convenient shops such as CVS, World Market, and the Cheese Cake Factory which was very nice. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel has a perfect location - inside DC, shopping and restaurant area around, shops, CVS, coffees, restaurants and even an entrance to the Subway are inside the building. The suites are spacious but a little bit shabby (the hotel will not satisfy big bosses). The breakfast is nice and will be good both for children and adults. There is also a small swimming pool and a gym on the top floor. It is a bit noisy at present, though, as there are repair works of the facade. All in all, it is a very good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms with # ..09 are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear swallow2 -

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for a very good review. I am very happy to know that you found our location to be a great value as well as the right locatoin for you. I apologize if the work in the H&M space in the retail area of the Pavilion impacted your stay at all. We have been working with the Pavilion team to eliminate the impact of this new work and believe we are now beyond the growing pains of this new build-out.

I hope that you have the opporuntity to reutrn to us soon and experience H&M and the other upgraded offerings in the Pavilion free from any distrcations! Thank you again for your positve review and thank you for staying with us in Washington.

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'm a road warrior and for the most part end up staying more in hotels than at home. The Chevy Chase Embassy Suites is very convenient for me since it is directly connected with the DC metro transit system which allows me to get there from the Reagan airport. There are some great restaurants in the same building such as Range and Cheese Cake Factory of I can go one stop down on the metro for a larger variety if I want. Most mornings I end up starting off with a little something from Starbucks which is directly downstairs from my room.

There is a decent workout facility in the hotel on the top floor and a full gym down the street should I ever find the will power to workout more and dine less. The staff are very helpful and courteous. Specifically Simone Green at the front desk is always ready for me when I arrive and has gone out of her way to accommodate me when I've had packages delivered or needed help with my reservations which is appreciate.

Overall my stay at the Embassy during the last several months has been good and I would recommend them as a good place to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion? Share your experiences!