In theory, this hotel is great, but the construction made it difficult to fully enjoy. It is located in a safe location, there are lots of restaurants and shopping, and there is a Metro Station just below the hotel. Unfortunately, during my stay, we were unable to access the Metro due to the construction, however, the station can be accessed just across the street. Also, the noise was hit or miss. Some days were pretty quiet, however other times it was too noisy to sleep. This happened only twice during our six day stay...once at 8:00 a.m. and once at 5:00 p.m. Also, at check-in, the front desk person and I had to shout to hear one another. I'm sure this hotel will be great when it's done, but it just wasn't very relaxing to romp through a construction site everyday. You couldn't avoid seeing it as the entire bottom of the atrium is covered with a tarp, and the back of the ground floor entrance is open to a large construction area. I'm pretty easy going, and wasn't too bothered by the inconvenience, but I really had to question why the hotel was open during such a major overhaul. The staff was great, which really helped overcome some of the other issues. Also, I always appreciate the breakfast and Manager's reception. The family games at the Managers reception were a reallly nice touch. My children also really enjoyed the pool, which is why I chose this hotel even though I knew there would be construction. I'll certainly try this hotel again once construction is completed. I think it could be a real gem.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.