First, this hotel sits right on top of a metro station--the red line. We had no trouble getting to the Mall daily. You will have to allow time to transfer to another line at either the Metro or Gallery Place stations. And bear in mind the trains run with varied frequency. It took us about 20-30 minutes to get to the Mall, depending on train wait times.
This hotel is part of a shopping mall type complex and there is a Cheesecake Factory and a Maggiano's on premise. Right out the front door we found P,F. Chang's and other great eateries. This was great! Much of the downtown, National Mall area seems to be short on places to eat apart from the cafes inside the Smithsonian museums (which we found to vary greatly--Natural History cafe was the best we experienced.)
Room at the Embassy are great--true suites with a closing bedroom door giving real privacy. Nice kitchen bar area with a sink and small refrigerator. All rooms open onto an atrium for a balcony feel which will be great once work is done. At the time of our visit, this was being worked on and had a huge tarp covering most of it---and was not air conditioned.
The breakfast and manager's happy hour are served on floor 3 on this open air atrium balcony. It was quite hot in D.C. during our trip and we found the atrium to be uncomfortable--humid and about 80+ degrees.
Again, it was still a good experience. Ben at the front desk was an amazing concierge. Just beware that for the next few months the renovations will be an issue.
Note, too, the pool area is completely enclosed. Small, but nice. However, it's all tile in that area. We went when small kids were there and could hardly take the echo effect. That area is only pleasant when it's unpopulated.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion Hotel
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Destination Hotels & Resorts property, the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality and exceptional value. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights district in Washington D.C., directly on the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites Hotel offers the best of both worlds, half-way between the Bethesda-Rockville, Maryland business corridor and near Washington D.C. businesses and sites, yet in walking distance of the renowned Chevy Chase shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.