“The view from our room was stunning!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Embassy Row Hotel

You added The Embassy Row Hotel to your Saves list
The Embassy Row Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Off + More
Ranked #87 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Keenesburg, Colorado
“The view from our room was stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As soon as you walk through the hotel door you know this is not your normal city hotel. The atmosphere is one of congeniality and happy people. Every person we saw had a smile on their face and made you feel welcomed. My husband and I are of the Baby Boomers generation and we loved the music and the décor. The "Station Kitchen" was relaxing, great wine, and great food. Of course the room was very well appointed and comfortable. Yes, we had a great time and will return.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Every morning I bought wonderful coffee in the lobby! Although I was out in the city most of the day, I felt very comfortable and am glad I stayed here. All the staff was great and attentive, but I must specifically mention Guram, he was so cool! He was very polite and approachable, and since I told him I study languages, he taught me some phrases in the language he speaks. He also gave me a great suggestion to get breakfast near the hotel, and made the directions easy. I'll be back cause of him and his service expertise.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Sceaux, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Here are some comments:
- the room is quite small
- we were quite surprised by the absence of fridge and closets (the unique one is very small for two people)
- there's a real design problem in the bathroom: there's no ventilation
- A/C ventilation is very noisy
- there was still dust on elements of furniture when we arrived
- for this range of hotel, a daily complimentary bottle of water should be a minimum

Our stay was below average experience... and considering an average of 270$ by night plus taxes this is not cost effective at all.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Kind of funky, this little hotel near the embassies in DC was a good point of embankment for meetings on the Hill. Room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Staff was friendly and attentive. I didn't have the chance to check out the exercise faculty, which I also use as a metric. Will return to check that out.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had my first trip out to DC and took a chance on Embassy Row Hotel, and let me tell you... WOW!!! The surrounding area, the staff, the overall hotel vibe- such a unique experience. From the cherry blossom tree decor to Station Kitchen & Cocktails, this hotel screams "DC"! It's convenient location allows you to explore the city by foot or bike; they have a city bike station right next door. I highly recommend staying here, or if a native to the area do stop in and spend some time enjoying the fruits of Station Kitchen & Cocktails. I will be staying here for future visits. This hotel is not one you want to miss!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vany S, Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear maui_ray01,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that we can be a part of your first trip to our beautiful city. We strive to provide an authentic and fun DC experience in our hotel. I hope that you had an amazing time exploring our city as well.
We would love to see you again soon!

Best,

Vany Sudjana
Director of Rooms
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 4 nights and although the room was smallish, we loved the decor and location! The hotel was recently remodeled and they did a great job. It's modern and stylish. The room was clean, and staff was very nice. I did read a bunch of reviews knocking the lack of food and noisiness but this was not an issue for us. There are many restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the hotel and we weren't bothered by any noises during our stay. Our window looked out onto a street with beautiful row houses. There was a keurig provided in the room with a small coffee/tea selection which was fine with me. We spent most of our days out sightseeing and eating at restaurants so not having room service was no big deal. I typically prefer to try local restaurants rather than eat at the hotel. The location was absolutely wonderful! Dupont circle is a very nice area and so convenient to the Metro and most D.C. attractions. If we decided to take a taxi, it was generally a $10-12 ride anywhere we wanted to go. Wi-fi was provided for free of charge. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Vany S, Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Loved it!”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Dear Sarah D.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write you review.
We strive to be an authentic, vivacious neighborhood-gathering place where our staff will always take care of guests. I am overjoyed that your experience here reflects that.
I hope you had an amazing time sightseeing.
Please come back and visit us again soon.

Best,

Vany Sudjana
Director of Rooms
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quite disappointing. No room service, no minibar or refrigerator in the room. The in-room coffee maker came with the sad little packet of sweet and low, powdered cream and sugar and the lobby "coffee shop" wasn't much better. I was ushered into the area at 5 minutes to six by the front desk with a smile. But he person there, a barista behind the register, did not greet me or turn on the lights. or say that t There is no table service in the cafe. If they cook or serve breakfast it wasn't evident and no menus were posted or given out. There aren't extra pillows or a blanket in the room. There are only two drawers in the room, in the bedside table and no desk. Don't stay here, even for the location.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vany S, Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Randi M.

Thank you very much for providing the valuable feedback.
We will certainly look into upgrading our coffee amenities in the room.
We do not have room service as an amenity but we do offer an array of things in our 24 hours Chef's Pantry. Our team is working diligently in improving the Food and Beverage experience at our hotel.
I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Been to The Embassy Row Hotel? Share your experiences!