“Location and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Embassy Row Hotel

You added The Embassy Row Hotel to your Saves list
The Embassy Row Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Formerly Hilton Washington Embassy Row) (Dupont Circle)   |
Offers & Announcements
3rd Night Free
Ranked #108 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Painesville, Ohio
“Location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel while in town to see a concert. The hotel's location a block from the red line was perfect. I didnt have much time to spend in the city this time, but I know the Dupont Circle area and the hotel's location is within walking distance of loads of restaurants, pubs, coffee, etc. A great central location! The hotel itself is clean and comfy. It could use a bit of renovation - I haven't seen a tube TV in years, but overall the room is nice, the bed was comfortable - most important - the pillows were comfortable and all was clean. The staff I found to be very friendly and helpful. While you will find more opulent hotels in the city, this is a good, solid hotel that offers great prices. I'd recommend it to others and I'd stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

First time staying in a hotel in DC, best experience ever. clean, friendly and helpful. room 820, clean and spacious. Mr. fassie,make me feel my stay very comfortable. wouldn't hesitate to come back to Embassy Row for next visit to DC. I am very please with everyone. totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Shawn J, General Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear alexAra2014,

Thank you for your recent five-star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and spending time with the concierge, Fassil. I look forward to sharing your review with our team. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at The Embassy Row for two nights based on its convenient location in the DC area and its closeness to the Dupont Circle Station. If you plan on walking around the city, this hotel would be an excellent choice.

I received great service during check in. The doorman carried my luggage down the stairs from my taxi, and the receptionist only took a few minutes to give me my key. There were some complimentary issues of The Washington Times near the elevator, so that was a plus.

The room itself had pretty much everything I could ask for: comfortable bed, TV, coffee maker, and free WiFi. The view from my window was of some colorful town houses across the street. Maybe a dull view for most, but I was intrigued by the stark contrast to my views back home in California.

I didn't realize how convenient the location was until I went out for a walk my first night. Just a short three-minute walk and I was able to buy over-the-counter drugs at CVS. Right down the street from CVS and I was surrounded by restaurants on P Street. I tried two of the restaurants here: Pizzeria Paradiso and Ezme (Turkish cuisine), both delicious restaurants that I recommend.

The distance to the Dupont Circle Station is also ridiculously close. Walk around the corner, cross the street, and it's right there. You only need to take the train four stops down with one transfer to find yourself in the heart of the National Mall!

If you stay here, I would avoid two things: overnight parking and complimentary breakfast. I had to pay $45 for them to park my car overnight. This shouldn't be surprising; you're trying to find parking in the heart of Washington D.C. of all places. Secondly, the complimentary breakfast had a very poor selection during my stay. All they offered was oatmeal, muffins, bread, coffee, and juice. With all the excellent restaurants in the city, you'd be better off going out for breakfast unless you want to take advantage of the free meal. I'm not sure if they have better breakfast on other days.

Overall, I would recommend The Embassy Row for its comfort and convenience in accessing the rest of the city. They had signs in the elevator advertising a remodeling of the hotel in 2015, so perhaps I'll come back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Shawn J, General Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Zachary,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - not to mention your great recommendations. I agree the Q Street view is very charming with the colorful row homes. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and convenience to dining, retail shops and attractions. The rooftop terrace and pool will re-open this summer and renovations for the entire hotel will conclude early spring 2015. We hope you will return and stay with us again. Thank you!

Berkley, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here with a colleague for 4 nights. Double double room was small with the smallest closet and bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. T.v. was the old type but did get HBO. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was great, very friendly! I agree with all of the reviews about the breakfast, very disappointing. Location is perfect, love that area! Bar in the lobby is not used, seems like a waste. Looking forward to staying there after the renovation when they'll have a rooftop pool and bar!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi StonehillGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. We are equally excited about the renovations. The rooftop terrace and pool are in phase I and will relaunch this June. I hope you'll stay with us again and experience The Rooftop.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

If your DC transportation is the metro, this is a good choice for a hotel. It is affordable during the off season, but it is not top dollar that kind of classy. The pool, balcony and exercise rooms were all closed, maybe the updates on those would change my mind on how classy it seems? There was a doorman keeping the street people out, valet parking was pricey. Breakfast was good with hot oatmeal, strong coffee, fruit, cereal, toast, juice and some baked goods. The staff was helpful, they kept our bags safe on the last day when we didn't fly out until late. They had helpful tips on tourism and were friendly. There is a farmers market just outside on Saturday, and the location is across from a 24 hour CVS. There are a few good little pubs and coffee shops right there too.

Room Tip: We were in 322, no bugs and a nice view of the Cambodian statue across the street. Some street noise...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you had a positive experience. The rooftop pool and terrace are currently closed because it's winter. The Rooftop will relaunch this summer. We hope you'll come back and stay with us. Thank you again.

Middleburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just staying for the night and was a late check-in. Mentioned to Derrick Strickland who was checking us in, that we'd like to grab a steak for dinner. Derrick made a couple calls while we went to our room. The place I'd mentioned to him was closed because it was late, but Derrick had called another restaurant, The Palm, and they were open. Had a great meal thanks to Derrick. Room was very nice. Nice view up a hill which reminded me of San Francisco. Thank you to Embassy Row Hotel for great service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was visiting DC for the weekend after having spent nearly two weeks outside of the country on business. Upon arriving, I found the staff to be TREMENDOUSLY courteous and helpful in getting me situated. Unfortunately, the first room into which I was placed suffered from some mechanical malfunction (the heater system was not working properly). The hotel manager promptly relocated me to a different room, and ALL went well from there!

The hotel is conveniently located around the corner (3 min walk) from the Metro and some pretty amazing places to dine. Oh! And the bed in my room was FANTASTIC! I almost didn't want to leave! I found the continental breakfast to be a bit sparse, but sufficient...hard boiled eggs, milk, fruit, cold cereals, muffins, croissants, juice, and toast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Shawn J, General Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Thurman,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It brings me great pleasure to hear that our hotel was your hospitality haven, upon returning to the U.S. I hope you'll stay with us again in the future - whether for business or leisure.

Shawn Jervis

Been to The Embassy Row Hotel? Share your experiences!