“It worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Embassy Row Hotel

You added The Embassy Row Hotel to your Saves list
The Embassy Row Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Formerly Hilton Washington Embassy Row) (Dupont Circle)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 30% Off
Ranked #108 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Cairo, Egypt
“It worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed there for 2 nights .This is out first visit to washinghton. it ha sa nice location you can take the metro or just walk for 30 minuts to the white house. A great value of money. Breakfast is nice but so crowded you have to share a table

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New England USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed at another Dupont Circle hotel, and this is a nice and safe hotel. Great lighting, and seconds from dupont circle. Rooms are VERY quiet if you ask for an inside room. People are very nice, and they have free WIFI, and Breakfast! The room I had was great, inside with no view (I don't care if not view) and the bed was soft and comfy. They bath was easy and appointed, but not too fancy. Getting a cab was easy as they park just out front, so no wait. Breakfast was more than basic, eggs, sausage, breads/bagels, and fruit, with typical beverages for elsewhere.

The reason for the 4 and not a 5 is because two things were apparent: 1) the hotel has no bar or restaurant, therefore if you want a drink, you need to walk a few yards to bars in the circle; 2) the WIFI was 3rd world in speed and logging in. Just getting google to come up in a plain browser took over 15 seconds...

But don't avoid this hotel for the above.. I loved the close proximity to Dupont Circle (easy access to the Metro so you don't have to cab it, or find great dining after hours. And besides, my phone had fast internet, so I gave up and used it for emails...

Room Tip: get the inside rooms if you want a quiet sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Like a grande dame who's star is fading, The Embassy Row Hotel seems like it was once a first class hotel that just doesn't care anymore. I booked this hotel for 3 nights at $268 per night. I expected a LOT more than what I got for my money. I had a 2 star room for a 4 star price. My room was TINY (there was one inch clearance from the open door to the foot of the bed), and only one nightstand. Not due to space limitations; there was just an empty spot next to one side of the bed where the second nightstand should be. I wondered if they busted it up and used it for firewood? Among the toiletry items were a shoe polish cloth and plastic shoe horn, both of which were useless to me. But no hair conditioner. Luckily, I packed my own. And there was MOLD on the shower wall. Unacceptable. Also, the air conditioner was extremely loud, like a jet engine. I give this hotel one star for being in a great location and being close to a metro stop, and another star for customer service. I arrived at 6:30 am, was told the earliest I could check in would be 1 or 2. After having breakfast at a nearby hotel, I came back at 9 am, and was told by a different employee they might have a room at noon. I sat down on the couch, fell asleep, and the front desk clerk (who was part of the management team) got me into a room at 9:30. At that point, I was so exhausted I didn't have the energy to complain about the size of the room. Also, this same employee retrieved my bag from baggage claim, refused my tip since he was management. The day I left I saw a lot of well dressed folks in business suits checking in, and I have to suspect they were provided better rooms that I received, or else I don't know how this place stays in business. Next time I come to DC, I'll revert to my standard route and use the name your own price method, which has worked out much better for me.

Room Tip: Be a politician or dimplomat?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great position, unfortunately our room was not very clean or well maintained. The room we were allocated originally was on the 3rd floor but the air-conditioning was very dirty and rattled a lot.
We asked to be moved and were to the 2nd floor. The air-conditioning didn't rattle but the dust coming from it was bad and the evidence was the huge amount of dust on the curtaining opposite. The carpeting was badly stained and furniture sticky. A room with dust and stains tends to spoil your stay and we would not stay here again. 3 star rating should not mean stains and dirt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John B, Manager at The Embassy Row Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
First I am very sorry for your experience at the hotel and promise that cleanliness is on the top of our priorities. I will forward your experience to my manager and executive housekeeper. If you need to talk with me about your stay please email me at jbarrett@embassyrowhotel.com
I am glad you enjoyed the location and we hope to see you back.

John Barrett
Front Office Manager
Springfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Extremely tiny rooms, very expensive parking...$35/day and do not be fooled by the fact that breakfast is included...poor selection just eggs, bread and sausages all served on plastic plates and plastic cutlery...Do not go here

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Very sorry we were not what you expected when traveling to Washington. Our complimentary breakfast has other options including cereal, fruit, and danishes. We even offer one of the lower valet parking rates in our area (parking is very expensive in all of Washington, there is not enough garages in Dupont). We offer unlimited access to your vehicle and parking from the moment you check in until 5pm the next day at the same cost. If you would like to contact me please do not hesitate to do so. Jbarrett@embassyrowhotel.com

John Barrett
Front Office Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very nice hotel, great location next to Dupont Circle nestled among beautiful buildings, including many embassies, wonderful staff. My room was quite spacious. The free WiFi made a big difference for me since many upscale hotels charge about $15/day. My deal through BookIt.com also included free breakfast -- plenty of seating when I was there, everything fresh, lots of good food, good coffee and juice, etc. Couldn't beat the price, either, though again I got a great deal through a travel site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location is great ,close to subway & bus stops. Lots of nearby places to eat. We stayed on the 4th floor so very little street noise. Plenty of hot water, bed is very firm. But the room is very very small for no more than one suit case, unless you use the desk. Only one person at a time can be up walking or standing in room at a time. And we had a corner room which you would think would be big. Bathroom also tiny. Wifi worked good for me & breakfast was okay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Embassy Row Hotel? Share your experiences!