“Clean and modern” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #21 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta Georgia
“Clean and modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is recently renovated and very nice. The rooms are cozy with heated floors in the bathroom. No tub, but a nice shower. The beds are comfortable. The location is perfect. Room service breakfast was above average and fair price. The staff was friendly. My view was of an air conditioner unit but clearly other rooms have a nice view. The restaurant was first class and the bar was trendy.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a terrible view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for visiting the Dupont Circle Hotel and for taking the time to share such thoughtful praises with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the calm elegance of our conveniently located escape, and we hope to share its views and amenities with you again. We appreciate your business and advocacy, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a room for 3 and the room was really too small. But, the bathroom was well designed. And the staff -- front desk, concierge, everyone -- were helpful, friendly and made us feel like honored guests. We liked the location, although I have to agree that the bar, at least on our side of the hotel, was really really loud. All in all, a very good rating based largely on the exceptional staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the opportunity to share your feedback with us. I'm thrilled to hear that our exceptional team was able to afford you with a first class experience at the Dupont, and I will surely relay your praises along to them all. I hope that you'll consider us again the next time you visit the DC area; we'd love the opportunity to host you again, and we can surely offer alternate rooming accommodations to suit any size. Many thanks for your time, and we hope to see more of you soon!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This wonderful hotel is in a fabulous location! Right off the red line Metro at DuPont Circle. Convenient to lots of places.

The rooms are very nice with a bench/settee instead of the usual chair. Two bottles of water are in the room. Toiletries were very nice and in easy use tubes.

Best of all the staff is incredibly accommodating. I arrived early and they managed to find me a room so that I could rest a bit before starting my sightseeing.

On my second day it was raining and they offered an umbrella. When I checked out I used the baggage storage for a bit and was sent on my way with a water bottle for my trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for visiting the Dupont and for taking the time to share such kind words with us. We're immensely proud of our team here, and we're so glad to hear that they went above and beyond to showcase the exceptional service for which we've become acclaimed. We hope that you'll reach out to us again if you find yourself back in the DC area. Thanks again for your time and review; we look forward to hearing from you soon!
San Rafael, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. I love the sleek bathrooms. The shower makes me feel like I'm in an outdoor shower. The bar is loud but hip and fun. Good energy. But I'm really writing this review about the front desk receptionist, Telethia James who is outstanding!!! Upon check-in my room was satisfactory however I was looking for a room facing the street for more light. I simply mentioned this to Telethia on my way out. Upon my return hours later, Telethia recognized me, called me by name and upgraded me to a big, bright room. Luggage had already been moved. I was so impressed with her attention to detail and her efforts to satisfy the customer, I asked to speak with her boss, John Paul Wood. Needless to say Mr Wood was not surprised by my report. He knew he had a valuable employee. This experience will confirm my return. Thanks Telethia and Dupont Circle Hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for visiting the Dupont and for taking the time to share such glowing words with us. We take great pride in our knowledgable and courteous team, and Telethia is a prime example of how our Hotel sets a high mark for the Washington area. I will surely pass your praises along, and we hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you return to the area. Many thanks for your review, and we look forward to seeing more of you soon!
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

What an amazing place! The staff went out of their way to make our experience the best. The location could not have been any better. Easy to walk, catch the Metro, buses. A beautiful, safe walk to many local restaurants, music & shopping. The Concierge was the incredible Michael High. Our family fell in love with him ! We wished he could have joined us in our daily travels. He was so knowledgeable about the city & was so helpful And friendly !Niamh & Telethia took care of our guest needs in the hotel. D'Andre was quick with a smile and an umbrella for us. Omar and Fredricho took great care of us in the bar. The restaurant staff was equally as friendly & it felt like we were at home. And the food? Delicious!! It was a very clean place. Beautifully decorated with orchids in the lobby area. The beds were comfortable, with great pillows.And the over-sized bath towels were pure luxury. If I could give higher ratings, I would! I have never had such an amazing stay, with such genuinely nice people. The staff obviously loves their jobs & customer service is number one! Thank you for the dents in my forehead from hitting me with the red carpet !! Anywhere else I ever go, will be compared to the Dupont Circle in Washington DC. Thank you!

Room Tip: I honestly don't know how you could go wrong at with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Heidi I,

Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Michael, Niamh, Telethia, D'Andre, Omar & Fredricho will all be recognized for their efforts in creating a lasting impression on you!

Our team is the heart and soul of the Dupont Circle Hotel, and we thank you for recognizing them. Our future guests will have something to look forward to!

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, and we hope that you'll join us again at the Dupont Circle Hotel!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I attended a conference at a different hotel, and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I sincerely wish that it would have been convenient (conference-wise) to stay at the Dupont Circle hotel for the entire conference!

I booked a deluxe room, which was extremely comfortable and well-appointed. Based on prior reviews I requested a higher floor, and I never heard a peep from the bar area downstairs. My room had a very nice view over Dupont Circle, and I thought that the bathroom/sink area was wonderfully integrated into the room without taking extra space, but while maintaining privacy. And of course the heated floors in the bath area were fantastic.

The desk service from check-in to check-out was impeccable and smooth. The one area that was less smooth was the door/valet. I did find it a little odd that I opened the front door for myself (with rolling bag) both coming and going, but that certainly wasn't a big deal. On leaving I also was initially directed to wait for a cab because there was a family who had requested a cab before me, although the family was still in the lobby chatting and the cab was waiting with a queue of other cabs on the street. Fortunately this situation was resolved relatively quickly.

Overall a great stay, and I will stay again when I'm in DC.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor for quiet. I think I was on the 6th, and although there probably was street n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear RedSox45,

Thank you for a great review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback.

We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered in the lobby, and we will certainly address them with our team. We can assure you this is not the norm!

We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return to Dupont Circle!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This June (2013) I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel for the third summer in a row. The location is ideal, close to Metro, Taxis and walking distance to restaurants, shopping and gay area (17th Street).

I always get the Grand Deluxe Room to have a full view of Dupont Circle. The rooms are modernly furnished, clean and well maintained. They have two restaurants (Bar Dupont & Café Dupont), which are both young, trendy and stylish. The Bar Dupont has great views of the circle and lighter fare (sandwiches, cheese platters etc). Café Dupont is more upscale dinner fare and is also delicious. Both restaurants have great cocktails.

The staff is wonderful and attentive. They all knew that I was a repeat customer and treated me very well and were always there to attend to whatever we needed. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in DC, and as I love the city, I expect to be there again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kyle P,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as well!

We love to hear that you enjoy the Bar Dupont & Cafe Dupont so much. They are both a unique experience that you won't find in every hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to Dupont Circle, and the opportunity to serve you again. We hope to see you soon!

Hotel Management

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!