“Incredible service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Incredible service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I hosted a party here at the Cafe Dupont and everything was amazing. Sabrina, my main contact was extremely professional and helpful. She went above and beyond typical preparation and set up and became a key part of our party. The space and hotel is absolutely gorgeous - very posh and modern and in a GREAT location. The bar scene is also hopping. We had a private bar and room, but the main bar was also packed on a Saturday night. Great drinks and super tasty food. Will definitely go back and would host another event here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Kate G,

Thank you for an incredible review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and our proximity to things in the area. Sabrina will surely be recognized for her efforts in creating a lasting impression on you.

We hope that you'll try out the Cafe Dupont next time for breakfast or a snack! It is delicious!

Please join us again soon, we look forward to your return!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Greenville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed nine nights at this beautiful hotel. Not a flaw to be found; from the moment we arrived we were greeted graciously and made comfortable. The room was spotless and well tended while we toured the area. Special shout out to Michael High, Chef Concierge, Telethia James, Guest Service Agent, and D'andie the doorman. However, that still does not do justice to ALL the staff that were continually friendly, polite, and most helpful in every way.
We were in a room on the 4th floor and surrounded by other rooms but we never heard any noises from other guests - the rooms are well insulated for sound.

Room Tip: I don't think there could be any room in this hotel that you would not feel quite comfortable in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear thenrich,

Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that our team made such an impression on you. Michael, Telethia, James and D'andie will certainly be recognized for their efforts.

Please join us in the Bar Dupont next time and try one of our signature drinks! It is certainly a lively atmosphere!

We hope that you'll continue to choose us whenever you visit the DC area, and we look forward to your return! We hope to see you soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm extremely critical in all my reviews as Trip Advisor has served me abounds for the past 10yrs now its time to pay it forward. This was my second stay here, my first was several years ago & only for one night this time it was for the weekend. We stayed on Level 9 Easter Weekend & were greeted by Cole one of the Hotel Managers upon exiting the private elevator so she could personally escort us to our room. I had fresh fruit in my room every day, an extremely comfortable bed, complimentary mini bar (always a huge plus for me) & a $25 per person breakfast voucher each morning which was more than enough for the restaurant downstairs (may I suggest the outstanding pancakes & bacon which was also amazing)... Customer service is a fine line, I found boutique hotels especially, can be noisey, cramped or hotel staff indifferent or overbearing, none of these issues arose at Dupont. Hotel room aside, Cole herself was a reason to come back, she understands people in my opinion which is was makes her perfect for her position. On the last morning we had a small issue with our room, it was rectified within the hour through her personal handling of the matter (impressive & how a hotel of any size should be run). She also told us of a happy hour of sorts at 5pm daily, always polite, informative yet never intrusive again it's a fine line to walk in a small hotel & I can't say enough positive about the staff no matter where i travel it can make the difference regardless of the physical amenities or price. Throughout our stay I hadn't opened the front door more than once, a small gesture but a foundation for a good impression on customers. The highlight of the room for me was the bathroom, heated tile floors just amazing & I also took advantage of the soaking tub with it's own personal TV. I think the only concerns for me was previously when I stayed the lower level rooms were quite tiny, & the elevators can take a while to get to your floor. On sunday our checkout was at 6pm which was really late so we took advantage to avoid some of the traffic but by 3:30pm we were getting calls every 45 minutes to see when we would be checking out, don't say 6 if it isn't, had it not been a holiday weekend we wouldn't have stayed so late, but I'm really just nitpicking. The price was extremely reasonable for what I deem an excellent hotel in an excellent location. The subway was a block away & some of the higher rated restaurants on TA happened to be only blocks from Dupont Circle which was really great. Not only would I stay again, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC looking for something more than your chain hotel stay at a comparable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear SunsetinStyle,

Thank you for an amazing review! We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and attention to detail. We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to exceed your expectations!

It sounds like you truly took advantage or our amenities, and the local area! Our location is very convenient to all things in the DC area.

We hope that you'll continue to choose us as your home-away-from-home whenever you visit Dupont Circle, and we look forwrad to seeing you soon!

Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I can't say enough good things about The Dupont Circle Hotel. I was able to book the hotel through sniqueaway.com and got a great deal. At my request they reserved one room with a king bed for myself and my husband. The room was nicely appointed, and immaculate. The bathroom had heated floors and the soap in the shower smelled awesome! I had read that Cole, one of the hotel managers, was very good to another guest that had reviewed the hotel and she was equally as good to my husband and I. I had called the hotel to request the room and she was cheery and nice when answering the phone. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person at my time of check-in and she remembered me from my call. She even recalled my husband's name. The entire hotel staff was amazing, and although is a hotel, gave us very personalized attention. I managed to sustain some pretty nasty blisters from walking throughout the city and when I called the front desk for help they did not hesitate to send band aids up to our room. We had the opportunity to eat at Cafe Dupont for their Sunday Breakfast/Brunch and the service was quick and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. I did rate the sleep quality as very good only because it was very loud our first night. Our room was close to the elevator and though convenient, noise traveled in from outside. The noise from the street was also pretty bad our first night. This noise was however expected from both within the hotel and outside as it was the night of the White House Correspondents Dinner and everyone was out partying into the wee hours of the night. Should we return to Washington D.C. again in the future we will happily stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel again.

Room Tip: Though the rooms that have a view of Dupont Circle are beautiful they can be loud due to street nois...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Erika L,

Thank you for an outstanding review! We are beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that our team made such an impression on you! Cole will certainly be recognized for her efforts in assisting you.

We are happy that you tried our restaurant, Cafe Dupont. It is definitely a treat!

Please join us again soon, upon your next visit to the DC area. We look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!

charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

There are no negatives about staying at this hotel particularly great front desk clerk and doormen treated us like royalty. The location is close to the Metro, circulator bus and affordable really good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lilaciris,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We hope that you'll join us next time for a bite at the Cafe Dupont, it is certainly delicious!

Please join us again soon, we would love to see you again!

usvi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a great hotel! Awesome design inside with a great bar/lounge and restaurant perfectly located in the building. No need to go anywhere to get a great night life scene but you don't feel like you need to parade through the lunge on the way to your room. I went with my wife kids, mom, and sister in 2 rooms. The rooms were incredible! My hats off the the designer and the contractor they did a superb job of execution. The location was great, super close to tons of neat looking restaurants. The concierge turned us on to less than a block away that had that kind of ridiculous service and food. Small but after a brief stay at the bar shooting the breeze with our super smooth bartender we were seated to an awesome meal. What a fabulous trip that was. I so highly recommend a stay here if you are in DC!

Room Tip: inquire at the desk. The rooms "forward" facing the circle probably have the killer view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear beachnut07,

Thank you for a terrific review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback.

Our rooms are definitely modern and sophisticated so we are pleased to hear how much you liked them. We are also happy that you took advantage of our convenient location.

We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to dupont circle and to kennedy center.
We found the dupont circle hotel.
we got a great price on a room on 4th floor.
High tech stuff in the room. Electic do not disturb signs. Great doorstaff. Checkin staff were brusque but it was a wedding weekend so easy to discount that.
Heated floors in huge walkin bathroom were a great advantage to us.
hotel is close to lots of great restaurants and shops in the Dupont circle area.
If you are there on Sunday check out Farmers market . Great cheese from firefly Farms.
good greens, lots of artisanal stuff.
Only disadvantage was They have no curtains in rooms. So since we had lots of lights on outside shutters could not keep light from room.
this really interfered with my wifes ability to sleep. On the other hand we met a couple from Michigan who loved it because they hadnt had any light for the whole winter. So one mans poison another mans Vitamin D.
Earplugs and eyeshades would improve this place, but if you are an urbanista you should be ok.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear jaxon27,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. It tends to be a bit light all the time in a busy city like DC. We do provide complimentary Eye Masks for your convenience in every guest room!

We hope that you'll give us another chance to provide our world-class guest service. We look forward to your return!

Hotel Management

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!