“Wonderful staff wonderful location wonderful hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
charlotte
“Wonderful staff wonderful location wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

There are no negatives about staying at this hotel particularly great front desk clerk and doormen treated us like royalty. The location is close to the Metro, circulator bus and affordable really good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear lilaciris,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We hope that you'll join us next time for a bite at the Cafe Dupont, it is certainly delicious!

Please join us again soon, we would love to see you again!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
usvi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a great hotel! Awesome design inside with a great bar/lounge and restaurant perfectly located in the building. No need to go anywhere to get a great night life scene but you don't feel like you need to parade through the lunge on the way to your room. I went with my wife kids, mom, and sister in 2 rooms. The rooms were incredible! My hats off the the designer and the contractor they did a superb job of execution. The location was great, super close to tons of neat looking restaurants. The concierge turned us on to less than a block away that had that kind of ridiculous service and food. Small but after a brief stay at the bar shooting the breeze with our super smooth bartender we were seated to an awesome meal. What a fabulous trip that was. I so highly recommend a stay here if you are in DC!

Room Tip: inquire at the desk. The rooms "forward" facing the circle probably have the killer view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear beachnut07,

Thank you for a terrific review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback.

Our rooms are definitely modern and sophisticated so we are pleased to hear how much you liked them. We are also happy that you took advantage of our convenient location.

We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to dupont circle and to kennedy center.
We found the dupont circle hotel.
we got a great price on a room on 4th floor.
High tech stuff in the room. Electic do not disturb signs. Great doorstaff. Checkin staff were brusque but it was a wedding weekend so easy to discount that.
Heated floors in huge walkin bathroom were a great advantage to us.
hotel is close to lots of great restaurants and shops in the Dupont circle area.
If you are there on Sunday check out Farmers market . Great cheese from firefly Farms.
good greens, lots of artisanal stuff.
Only disadvantage was They have no curtains in rooms. So since we had lots of lights on outside shutters could not keep light from room.
this really interfered with my wifes ability to sleep. On the other hand we met a couple from Michigan who loved it because they hadnt had any light for the whole winter. So one mans poison another mans Vitamin D.
Earplugs and eyeshades would improve this place, but if you are an urbanista you should be ok.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear jaxon27,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. It tends to be a bit light all the time in a busy city like DC. We do provide complimentary Eye Masks for your convenience in every guest room!

We hope that you'll give us another chance to provide our world-class guest service. We look forward to your return!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

In all, this is a great hotel in the center of Dupont Circle. We found our stay here to be pleasent aside from the poor quality beds/pillows that threw our backs out. It's such a shame because everything else about this hotel is great: food, service, atmospher, ect.

Tips: I can get loud at night so bring earplugs. Also, there is a lot of light that comes through the shutters but thankfully the hotel provides free eye masks.

• Stayed April 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear SL1NYC,

Thank you for a great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We sincerely apologize if our beds were not to your liking. We will certainly look into this issue, and see if there is anything we can do.

Please join us next time for a bite at the Cafe Dupont! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here on my daughters spring break at the beginning of April. We stayed for 4 nights, and I have mixed feelings about The Dupont Circle Hotel. Let me start by stating that the location is idea for visiting the DC area. We were close to the Metro. Easy to use. We spent about $25.00 a piece for the 4 days we went and checked out museums and Monuments. The hotel staff was friendly, and prompt. No problems there. The inside of the hotel was classy and chic. The walls in the hallways were even textured (for those who like to feel on the walls..)
The hotel is near Embassy Row, and finding places to eat at any time of the day seemed convenient. It is a bit noisey an the streets, I would recommend that if you get the room ask for floors higher up. We were on the third floor, and I woke up numerious times to noises from the street. I did'nt get a chance to sleep past 6:30 a.m. a single day due to the noise. I heard emergency response units, garbage trucks, delivery vehicles, people in the hall, even a guy whistling outside. I don't think there is much insulation from the outside with the windows.
The room was cleaned well. However the ice bucket, and glasses were not replaced/ cleaned everyday. We had no problem asking house keeping to give us clean glasses. We did come back to the hotel after 4 P.M. to find that housekeeping just started cleaning our room. we asked them to do an abbreviated clean up so that we could get in the room quicker and relax.
My BIGGEST concern was the bathroom. My wife and I know a lot about eachother (married 10 years) but, somethings I don't want to know about her. The toilets have a glass door and you can hear every sound that comes from it in the bedroom space. There is a 1/4 wall seperating the space and can be embarresing to both. We would blast music, leave the room or turn the T.V. up to block out the sound. Call it childish, but I don't want her to hear me and I know I don't want to hear her.
If your cool with noises either from the outside or from the bowels of the person you are on vacation with, then this is a great place to stay.
I was also charged with a meal we didn't eat ($68.00) from their restaurant. We showed receipts to prove we were at the Capitol at the time and the cost was removed. They should ask for proof other than someone saying there room number.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear boomboommushi,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in DC.

We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The room design is very modern, and the bathrooms are not for everyone. We will address the issues you mentioned with our Housekeeping team. We can assure you this is not the norm.

We hope that you'll join us again, and we look forward to making up for your previous experience!

Lindenhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was a modern, clean and comfortable place to stay. We were there for five nights for vacation. It is close to Metro, so no car was required. There are many restaurants and bars within two blocks. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear D A,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and time in DC.

Our location is certainly convenient, and we are pleased to took full advantage of it. Be sure to join us at the Bar Dupont next time. It is a hit with the guests and the locals!

We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!

Chester, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

As soon as I entered the Dupont Circle Hotel, I was immediately captivated by the chic decor and the friendly, yet professional, staff. Honestly, my entire stay couldn't have been better. From check-in to check-out, I enjoyed every bit of the hotel.

I have to give a special thanks to D'Andre, who was an incredible help to me. From handling my luggage, giving me directions, and retrieving my car in a timely manner, I was impressed with his efficiency and professionalism.

I will be sure to return to this hotel when I am not on a business trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Robby S,

Thank you for an outstanding review! We truly appreciate your comments and feedback.

We are beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly pass your compliments on to D'Andre, and the rest of the team.

Next time, join us for a drink in the Bar Dupont, or a bite at our restaurant. We look forward to your return, and we hope to see you again soon!

Hotel Management

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!