“Great location in DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great location in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very well located at the circle and subway just at the door step. Rooms are good size and have everything that you need. Staff is helpful and friendly. Fitness centre is not very big but got the essentials to exercise. Wifi free throughout is a bonus. Highly recommend. Just a word of advise avoid the 2nd floor facing inside because gets very noisy all the aircons m/c congregate in there.

• Stayed April 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Clara S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback. We sincerely appreciate your review!

We are pleased that you took advantage of some of our amenities like the Fitness Center, and Wifi. We hope that you'll join us next time for a bite at the Cafe Dupont!

We look forward to your next visit to DC, and Dupont Circle. Please join us again next time!

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed three nights at Dopunt.
Pros:
Modern nice hotel centrally located in Dupont circle. The hotel is centrally located with a Metro station just around the corner. Nice rooms and good beds. Please note there is a lot of trafficnoise in the area. We upgraded to delux room to get a higher floor (7th floor) and had reduced noise.
Con::
It is not possible to open the windows. Our view from the room was straight into an office building so we need to keep the blinds down all the time. Breakfast varying from day to day from super the first day to lousy both food and service.on Saturday. Long queue for a breakfast table on Saturday morning (April 13). We had a 30 min wait for a table for two people even with had pre-paid breakfast voucher. Dont book rooms with breakfast for the weekends. It is bether to find a restaurant in the area.

Room Tip: HIgh floors and ask for room against the Starbuck.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We sincerely apologize for any issues you encountered while at the Cafe Dupont. We will be sure to address these with our teams. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay however! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

From reading all the excellent reviews on this hotel, I was expecting a modern hotel with large rooms and outstanding service. I guess we all have our own criteria for defining what could be called the "modern" hotel. By my definition, The Dupont Circle Hotel is not the one. This hotel is in a building dated to mid of last century (narrow hallways, low ceiling, in-room a/c unit). They did do a bit of "modernizing", especially around the bathroom area, which is a bit strange. I agree with many people pointing to the privacy issues with the bathroom. The issue is not so much with a see-through glass wall, but with total lack of sound barrier between the toilet and sink areas.
Taking my unrealistic expectations aside, this is a good place to stay around the Dupont Circle area, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a great review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and time in DC. We hope that you'll return so we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations! We wish that you'll join us in the Cafe Dupont or maybe for a stay on Level 9. Please join us again soon, we look forward to your return!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I managed to snag a King room here at a bargain rate on Travelzoo, and it was even during the Cherry Blossom Parade weekend! The location is great, a block from the Metro stop, and in easy walking distance of lots of cafes. The hotel bar is very lively, even late into the night, so listening to the advice of other reviewers I asked for and received a room on a high floor (8th). It was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom is small but very modern and clean. The heated tile floor made it a treat although I still don't really get the attraction of a shower with only half a wall to shield the rest of the room from the shower spray. Huge thick bath towels, nice amenities, an in-room safe and lots of electric outlets made the room luxurious and practical at the same time.
A side benefit: a new Reflexology massage place opened up the street, Comfy Feet, and it is clean, modern, lovely, and the $49/50 min foot massage was terrific!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. The hotel wraps around a corner so if your room is on the "inside&qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a great review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our bathrooms are certainly unique, and the modern style isn't for everybody. We love hearing that you enjoyed the Bar Dupont as well as the hotel! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Amazing and Outstanding are understatements for this hotel. We spent the weekend there and from beginning to end it was wonderful. From the check in, to the manager escort to our room, to the wine and appitizers in the lounge, room service, shoe polish, great view, wonderful guests.........ahhh a breath of fresh air. Well worth every cent!

Room Tip: Level 9 is a most!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in Dupont Circle. Level 9 is certainly spectacular, and we recommend it highly to all of our guests! We hope that you'll take advantage of what the Bar Dupont has to offer upon your next visit. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you soon!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've stayed here three or four times over the past few years and it's a good, central business hotel. Restaurant has good food although pretty slow service in the evening. Coffee and muffins are free in the morning if you're in a rush. There's a lively bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your loyalty. We hope that you'll continue to choose us upon future visits to the Dupont Circle area, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As this is the only hotel I will stay at while in DC, I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. However, this last week long stay was by far my best experience. This is the only hotel I will ever stay at while in DC. I decided to pay a little extra to stay on the 9th floor at Level 9. The service was absolutely outstanding! Cole, the Guest Services Manager, made sure we were comfortable and our every need was taken care of. She remembered me by name, and went out of her way to help me with a previous billing question and followed-up with me daily until she received an answer.

During my stay I had gotten food poisoning from a DIFFERENT hotel where I was attending a conference. There is nothing worse than being that sick and away from the comforts of home. The staff went out of their way to take care of me. When I called room service I told them that I was ill and that I had a strange request, all I wanted was toast and crackers. A short while later when the staff 2 staff members, came to deliver my food I was overwhelmed by what they had for me...they brought fresh fruit and a tray with soup broth, crackers, toast and Ginger Ale. Then I could not believe my ears, they said that they just wanted to make sure that I was taken care and wanted to ensure I felt better AND there would not be a charge for the room service.

On the day I checked out of the hotel, my flight was oversold so I had another night that I needed to find a room for, so I went directly back to the DuPont Circle hotel only to find they were completely booked as it was Easter weekend. Once again, Cole went out of her way to help me, as she called another hotel to see if they had a room available.

The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond every chance they get to make you feel special and at home. Every person I came into contact with remembered me and most of the staff at the front desk actually remembered me by name.

Stay at this hotel if you are in DC you will not be sorry! The hotel is very clean, the location is wonderful and close to the Metro and the staff is amazing.

Can't wait to return in October!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay in one of the suites, the service and perks of Level 9 are well worth the mone...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for an outstanding review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for your feedback. Cole and the rest of the team will surely be recognized for their efforts in assisting you. We are sorry that you were sick during your stay, and we are pleased that we were able to make you as comfortable as possible. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return in October!

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!