“Over the top!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #20 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Over the top!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

So I'm the person who never writes reviews. I was compelled to just write a quick one on the DuPont because it really is over the top. This sums it up:

1) DC is a friendly city, but the staff here is the friendliest I've ever met in a hotel.
2) The rooms scream $500 a night, but I paid $143. Heated floors are awesome and the bed was really comfortable.
3) From the second we pulled up to the second they closed the car door for my wife as we left, a perfect hotel experience.

If you're spending the night in the DuPont Circle area, don't consider anywhere else. Oh, and the lobby bar is super swanky.

• Stayed March 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for an outstanding review! We are thrilled to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It is truly an honor to hear your comments and praise. We hope that you'll continue to choose us as your home away from home, and we look forward to your return!

1,440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a local, therefore I haven't stayed at Dupont Circle Hotel. My review will be about the food, beverage and service. I will start by saying that after my first visit, I knew that I would become a regular at Dupont Bar and Dupont Cafe. I think after about my third visit to have a bite to eat and have a beer at Dupont Bar, most bartenders, bar backs, pretty much everyone behind the bar remembered my name. The staff there sure knows how to make a guest feel special. There has never been a time when I was there, one or all managers did not come and say hello. The staff exudes in personality and they make sure your experience there is a flawless and enjoyable one. I am not a mixed drink person really but a few cocktails I tried were excellent and very creative. Now the food... I always thought the bar menu had more choices than the full menu at many restaurants and never left the bar unsatisfied. Then I decided to dine at the more serene, quiet bar inside Dupont Cafe. As soon as I sat at the bar I was greeted by Ryan the supervisor and Sabrina the assistant F&B manager who also knew me even though it was my first time at the cafe ( things like that make the world of difference in the hospitality business !) Menu looked great, a more extensive version of the bar menu. I had a hard time deciding so I narrowed it down to 2 apps and 2 entrees and let Ryan decide. Rest is a heavenly experience, a culinary journey that literally put a smile on my face. The finishing touch was a sauvignon blanc recommended by Ryan as well. If you are in the D.C area, you owe it to yourselves to dine there. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are sincerely appreciative of your loyalty and are pleased that you enjoy dinning with the Bar Dupont, and Cafe Dupont so much! We hope that you'll continue to visit us again, and again. Maybe, even take a night and stay in one of our fabulous guest rooms! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was very nice, but the location was what really made me happy. I upgraded from the Superior level to a Deluxe to get a little extra room and a higher floor - nice partial view of Dupont Circle, very bright and comfortable. The bed was dreamy, and I did appreciate the heated bathroom floors (especially when the temperature dipped on my second night). Both the food at Sunday brunch and the room service I ordered were excellent. I am actually rating this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 for the staff. Everyone was competent, but I can't say I was particularly impressed by most of the people who worked here. In fact, the doormen and cleaning ladies I met were a lot nicer than the concierge and the people at check-in. The concierge seemed bothered when I called down to ask a question about what I was allowed to bring on the White House tour, and was indifferent in person when I was having trouble with the printer in the business center. On the positive side, the location was wonderful - easy walking distance from loads of restaurants, shops, and a bookstore that was open 24 hours on the weekends. Perfect for a bibliophile like me! I probably wouldn't stay here again, even though I loved the location, because I just didn't feel valued as a customer at this hotel. I'm sure I could find a 5 star staff for a comparable price on my next visit to D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Dupont Circle if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We apologize if anything was not up to your expectations. It is our prerogative to provide high quality guest service to each and everyone of our guests. We will certainly address your concerns with our team. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to providing world-class service to you next time!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wonderful surprise! Very reasonable cost both room and resturants. Car parking available; costly but convenience & access worth it. Pleasant, happy service from doorman, front desk, concierge, maids, wait staff, lobby " eyes".
Room very modern as is lobby. Smallish but certainly were not cramped. Bath area excellent; floor to ceiling door is glass to toilet and also shower. Shower pressure & water warmth excellent too. (Mable flooring can be slippery). Bed comfortable. A/C ok - cooler by window side. Shutters at night cut the urban noise and winter wind. Closet space ok but not ample. Water bottles given. WiFi fast!
Lunch in bar area & breakfast in dinning area comfortable, good quality, service and delivery. Menu selection diverse & cost very reasonable (so much that the hotel may be cheaper then neighboring eateries). Coffee/tea in lobby in AM. Didn't see ATM.
Again service ( all - everywhere) excellent. A happening place; all ages staying & in resturants.
Enjoy the city whether Metro (Red line - block away), bus, cab or walking. The neighborhood great ( drug store across the circle, eateries all there!).

Room Tip: Decide for your needs, nearness to elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. Please join us again soon, we would love to see you again at the Dupont Circle Hotel!
Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed the second week of February. The hotel facilities and location its great. Our room was located in third floor. First issue, the AC unit when the fan started, it was like someone blowing a whistle in the room. We reported and they solved it the second day.
The restaurant its great, food quality is really good, and the service is excellent.
The hotel location is great, just across the street is the subway station.
Please double check your account, at the check out, we had three rooms, and in two of them we got bar charges that we never did. We complained and they removed the charges, but beware of that because if you don't double check the account you can be paying accounts that don't belong to you.

Room Tip: try to get upper rooms, they are quieter and you get a nice view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstandings or inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Our mini bars are touch activated and quite sensitive, so it is possible there was a mechanical error. For that, we apologize! We hope that we were able to remedy it before your departure. Please join us again so we may make up for your previous experiences. We look forward to your return!
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a luxury hotel conveniently located right on DuPont Circle. Staff is excellent, cordial and always very courteous. Rooms are small. Bathrooms have heated floors, but glass walls, so be warned if sharing a room with someone you don't know very well. Meeting rooms are nice. Restaurants located close by. Metro station across DuPont Circle. A good hotel for small conferences.

• Stayed February 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We hope that you'll contact the hotel so we may learn more about your experience, and come to a resolution. We look forward to the opportunity to earn a full 5 stars from you next, and we hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I just spent the best part of a week at the Dupont Circle Hotel. I would have to say that I was highly impressed, and I tend to stay in hotels probably 3 weeks out of 4. The service was great, with friendly staff at reception, attentive staff in the cafe and bar, and well appointed and comfortable rooms. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the cafe, with the exception of a quick burger on the last night, but breakfast was fantastic every morning. The bar is good fun, with a sizeable crowd each night and a good wine list. I will certainly be back next time I visit DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for a terrific review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. Our future guests will appreciate it as well! We hope that you'll join us again soon and visit the Bar Dupont. We look forward to your return!

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!