“Loud!! Very Loud” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #18 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“Loud!! Very Loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel was very nice, location was fantastic. The only problem is...DO NOT expect to sleep or sleep in. We were on te 3rd level facing the street, had I read a review like this before we went-I would have asked for a higher floor. Yelling from the bar below last until about 2am with the additional honking of cabs all night. Shutter blinds te a nice touch be do not keep out the light or the noise. Construction or bulk pick up for trash starts at 7am. Originally planned to stay 3 night-could only do 2 bc I was so tired. Other than this, it's a beautiful hotel with great beds, nice baths and very clean. I would stay again-but I would request a room at a higher level and away from the street

• Stayed February 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for you review. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. DC is a busy city, and the noise is sometimes a burden so we understand your frustration. We hope that you'll give us another try, and we look forward to showing you the world-class-service you truly deserve!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Reservation was for two doubles, but we got one king and a roll way. They did buy us breakfast. Well appointed rooms, free wifi. Right in the heart of DuPont Cirle. Reasonable. I would one back but I would clarify the room requirements up front. Probably due in part to experience and a full hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We can assure you this is not indicative of the level of service we promote regularly. We hope that you'll join us again so we may make up for this past experience. We look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

comfortable clean hotel with good service. All outside shopping & dining facilities are close. Dining & bar in hotel are excellent in food drink atmosphere and service. Rooms are small but well appointed. Staff is helpful courteous and not intrusive.
Window shutters fail to exclude light adequately. Lightproof curtains should be provided.

• Stayed February 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you'll join us again. Please join us again soon!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I lived in DC, DuPont Circle was one of my favorite spots to go out. This hotel is perfectly located for somebody who wants easy access to "Downtown" DC, but still wants to be in the middle of good dining and entertainment options. It's also very well appointed and has a nice modern design. The bathrooms do have a glass door, so be warned of that if you aren't too, ahem, comfortable with your roommate. I also enjoyed the electronic "Do Not Disturb" function - saves on paper and can't be dismantled by anybody other than you!

The staff was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. Each time I approached the desk, they courteously offered to help me get a cab or directions to my next stop, which was appreciated.

My only piece of criticism - and it's a fairly small one - is that my minibar was not stocked. Normally not a concern, but I had dinner (and several drinks) on the flight in, dropped my bags and immediately met a friend out for more drinks. Needless to say, by the time I got back to the room I needed a snack. Room service ends at 10:30 and the mini bar was barren...in the end, it's for the best because I woke up with no regret of late night munchies, but some crackers may have staved off a hangover.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for a wonderful review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We apologize if the mini bar was not up to your expectations, and we are looking into this issues. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to earning a full 5 stars from you next time!
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Simply put, as a frequent business traveler (average 180 overnights a year) staying in 4-5 Star properties, this one took my breath away! From the time I drove up and my interactions with Valet to check in at the front desk, the staff was extraordinary and service oriented. Then when I go in the room OMG it was awesome! My first time staying at this property, and a bowl of fruit awaited me that I could actually eat...it was FRESH, a welcome note from the GM, and the ultimate sleek modern room with creature comforts that we're understated but right on point. The frosted bathroom and shower doors, and ultra mordern sink, and HEATED bathroom floors! What?????? I am telling you, I did not want to leave. The restaurant staff were just as attentive as everyone else on property, and the Onion Soup was to die for!!! Even bumped into a family friend in the lobby area ( who was staying at another hotel blocks away, but having a brief meeting at the The DuPont Circle Hotel..looking for quality service and high end accommodations...Ritz Carlton watch out!!! I have already canceled an upcoming stay in April from the RC even though the room type I want is not available...I will trade the space this time for an awesome experience!

Room Tip: 2 minutes from DuPont circle metro line...never had it so good! Park across the street. Gym is sma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a terrific review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you truly took advantage of all of our amenities! We hope that you'll join us again upon your next visit to the DC area, and we look forward to your return!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Valet parking returned my car to the front of the hotel with major scrapes and scratches to the passenger side doors -- about $5,000 worth of body work. Despite a police report attesting to the freshness of the scratches and the wall paint flakes dropped on the running board, after making me wait around for two hours, the hotel finally allowed us to speak to an assistant front desk manager who denied all responsibility, quite unpleasantly. A management trainee who had been sympathetic and quite certain that the hotel would compensate me for the damage changed his tune dramatically after the assistant front desk manager showed up.

My own insurance company will subrogate and sue the Dupont Circle Hotel.

I was attending a 100-person meeting at the hote lduring this incident, and the organizers of the event got involved in my dealings with the hotel,most helpfully. It looks as though the hotel doesn't want their business again, either.

Traveler beware.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMDupont, General Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear KGB_12,

As you know I have tried to reached out to you regarding this matter in an attempt to have you clarify your comments here on Tripadvisor.

Here at the Dupont Circle Hotel, whilst being far from perfect, we do work very hard to look after our guests and I am proud to say we are honest, compassionate and transparent. We value our reputation and it is with this in mind that I write this response.

I am sympathetic that your car has been damaged but it did not happen at this Hotel. I have high definition video evidence to support this which I have shared with you. I would be happy to share this again, or with anyone reading this who would like a balanced view of what happened.

I would not write this if there was even a possibility that we were in any way responsible but there is not. I can be reached at scott_dawson@doylecollection.com by anyone wishing to balance their opinion.

Public forums such as this are a fantastic tool for travellers and businesses alike and I am grateful to have the chance to respond in such a manner so that those reading reviews are able to form somewhat balanced and objective opinions when choosing a hotel.

I regret that this incident occured but I hope you respect the fact that where appropriate I will absolutley defend the actions of my excellent team and Hotel.
toronto, canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel in mid-January, just after Inauguration Day.The hotel is in a terrific location-15 minutes walk to White House, you can walk to Georgetown, or back.Bus and Metro transportation is a 2 minute walk away from the door of the hotel. The surrounding area has lovely homes to get an idea of the architecture styles of the city. The Dupont Circle park itself would be a charming spot to sit in the warmer weather-but not when I was there!! All in all, a fine htel, in a terrific location for a visit to Washington DC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for an outstanding review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll join us in the Bar Dupont upon your return, and we look forward to seeing you again! Please come back soon!