“Most comfortable bed ever!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dupont Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Dupont Circle Hotel to your Saves list
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #21 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
“Most comfortable bed ever!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Found this hotel through another travel site that specializes in short-term sales on 4 and 5-star hotels that has worked well in the past. Was not disappointed this time either. Great central location near all important sites. Friendly staff, clean, quiet and modern decor. Best features were the hot cider and cookies served every afternoon in the lobby, modern setting, access to great restaurants, stores and national sites and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! Feather bed, Egyptians sheets, down comforter...need I say more?! I wanted to offer to buy the bed and the linens so I could take them home with me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our prerogative to provide all of our guests with the level of service you experienced. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to Dupont Circle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed there May 2012. My room was very small and overpriced.
The front desk was courteous and very helpful.
The location is great, next to shops and restaurants.

With all of the above, I will not stay at this hotel again, my room
was not comfortable. Bathroom small, room small, price high.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. Our goal is to offer world-class guest service to every guest, and to truly make them feel at home. We are sorry if we came short of that in your eyes. We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return! Please come again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I spent two nights at the Dupont Circle Hotel in early January and loved it. The staff were friendly, efficient and attentive. We purchased the bed & breakfast package which was well worth the price. The breakfast choices were delicious, extensive and our waitress Iveth took excellent care of us both mornings. The room was stylish and comfortable. The location is excellent with a Metro station nearby (Red Line to Union Station in about 15 mins). Georgetown is walkable in good weather. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a great review! We are happy to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your time in DC and the Dupont Circle Hotel. We hope that you'll join us again soon upon future visits to the area, so we may continue to offer our world-class guest service. We look forward to your return!
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay over December. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were spacious and the hotel was within walking distance of the subway. The a la carte Breakfast was good with a wide variety of options on the menu.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a terrific review! We are sincerely pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll join us again, and maybe try a bite in the Cafe Dupont. We look forward to your return!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here just before Christmas to divide up a long East Coast drive. I wanted to keep costs down as I really just needed a bed, but figured I might as well make it enjoyable and see some of DC. I got a great prepaid rate. I could not have been happier with the location and the interiors were very nice- clean and modern. Also, I had my dog with me and they were very accomodating and did not require an extra fee. The bar and restaurant looked very hip and popular- though being with my dog I thought it best to order in. Room service was very good and the server was very friendly and quickly responded when my drink order was mistaken. I intend to recommend this hotel to friends travelling to DC and will definitely stay again myself. As other reviewers noted, ask for a streetside room so you get a view.

Room Tip: ask for a streetside room if you value a view; courtyard side rooms look onto utility roof units and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for a wonderful review! We are elated to hear that you and your dog were very comfortable while at the Dupont Circle Hotel. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to seeing you and your furry friend again!
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights in Dec 2012. The hotel is very well positioned, stylish and affordable. The staff are all great. We had a really nice stay. No problems of any sort. Also had free internet which was appreciated. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for an outstanding review! We are elated to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll choose us again on your next visit to DC. Next time, join us for some complimentary coffee in the mornings down in the lobby! We look forward to your return!
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for New years eve after being at the Monaco hotel in Chinatown for two nights. I prefer the Dupont circle over the other hotel highly. The superior king room was the perfect size for two of us and the bathroom was modern & lovely with heated tile floors. All staff was extermely polite and welcoming, I really wish we could have stayed longer!! We had room service and it was delivered promptly and was very good. Car valet service was also very prompt and professional. Would love to stay here again and check out their bar/restaurant as I heard good things.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for an excellent review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel. We hope that you'll join us again for a drink in the Bar Dupont or a bite at the Cafe Dupont. We look forward to your return, and another opportunity to provide you with top quality service. We hope to see you soon!

Been to The Dupont Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!