“Wonderful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Savings!
Ranked #73 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott is a high rise hotel located on Connecticut Avenue near Dupont Circle. It is newly renovated, with comfortable rooms with wifi, and a very helpful staff. While there is no restaurant/bar, the Bistro offers an assortment of Starbucks coffees as well as breakfast sandwiches and plates. Other food is also available there. The lobby is beautiful with computers/printers and public wifi available. Valet parking is suggested as there is very little street parking. Metro bus service stops right outside hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Donavon M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are certainly proud of our hotel, its location and our friendly staff. Thank you for the great feedback on our newly renovated rooms. As of February, we will complete renovations to all 248 guestrooms. Please do think of us for future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kirkland, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well, one of the worse hotels I have been in in quite a while. I'm a diamond member, had a pre-paid room (which I'm sure contributed to this review) it was facing the very front where the construction was going on, so at 6AM all the work started, the hallways were noisy with doors opening and closing. Rooms were clean but way outdated, Location is far away from metro (about .5 miles). Not may restaurants in the area. Price was good, about $110 a night

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Anthony N. I am sorry to hear that we failed to provide a carefee and enjoyable stay during your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while we were undergoing our driveway resurfacing. While we tried to keep noise down to a minimal there was some drilling involved and this is the noise you heard. I do hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you back as I know you will be very pleased with the look of our newly resurfaced driveway and our newly renovated guestrooms which now feature a custom and modern décor. As for dining options, Dupont Circle is known for its array of restaurants, cafes and bars and during your next visit our staff can assist with suggestions based on your taste in cuisine.
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a nice hotel and very fairly priced for a holiday weekend. Its about a 10 min walk from nearest metro and is pretty good location. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was clean. It could use a few updates, but let's face it what hotel couldn't? I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to be be on street side if you want the better view, and also ask not to be next to the elevator...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come back in the near future so that you can experience a stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Our newly renovated rooms feature a custom design with modern décor, complimentary wi-fi internet access, a mini-fridge and safe in each room. We look forward to having you back.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I chose this hotel on a night where DC was fairly booked and so it was the best price option for a Marriott The hotel is very convenient if you want to remain in the Dupont Circle area otherwise it is a bit off the path, so keep that in mind. If you are Dupont-centric, then this could be a great option for you. On the main path with shops and restaurants nearby up to a 10 minute walk I would say.

Rooms were basic as was the overall decor - could use one of the Courtyard upgrades.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your recent DC visit. I am pleased to inform you that based on guest feedback like yours, the hotel is currently undergoing a full guestroom renovation to include a fresh new look with custom design and modern décor. I believe you will be very pleased with our updated look. As for location, our Courtyard offer our guests a more neighborhood feel of DC yet puts guest within a short walk, metroride or carbide away from DC attrition and the downtown business district. Please come and stay with us again so that you may experience our newly renovated rooms and more of the charm of our Dupont Circle location.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just a shirt getaway at the Courtyard in Washington DC near Dupont Cicrcle. If they don't have it in the hotel it is most probably just a short walk away. Many restaurants and shops within just a block. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The staff was all quite friendly. Shop for a good deal as it can be pricey.

Room Tip: Check for any deals available from AAA to priceline if you want to save a few $$$$
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you found everything you needed within a short walk. The Dupont Circle neighborhood really is a wonderful location to stay at during a DC visit – we do have it all metro close by, restaurants, shops mixed with the charm of a true neighborhood experience. Please visit us again.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Lets start with the location - Fantastic. A 5 minute walk from the DuPont Train station. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. I did walk to the White House which wasn't far. The area is really nice and very safe.
The Hotel lobby was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were nice but they were a little rough around the edges. Nothing major, just a few minor blemishes that make me think a renovation is due soon.
Overall, I would recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Go high, facing Du Pont Circle. I had a great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing a full guestroom renovation which will give us a fresh new look. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to DC.
Vienna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I've rented plenty of rooms in DC. This one was one my friend rented for her 25th. I thought it was ok... But not the best I've been too. That was until I got handcuffed for the first time in my whole life. I'm not an instigator and I get a long with everyone. The person next to us had a "do not disturb sign" and we were a little loud when we got back from the bar. We got a call from the front desk and I decided to apologize in person to our neighbors. Low and behold next thing know I'm in handcuffs by the police for noise complaints. I apologized for the complaints and the Said they would let me go. Obviously BC they knew they had nothing on me. I paid for two rooms and got kicked out. It was absurd. I've never been treated so badly in my life. I will never return to the Marriott and I hope you won't either. Heed my warning. The staff was not friendly and you won't enjoy your stay. Please avoid at ALL COSTS. you've been warned.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle? Share your experiences!