“Unsurpassed Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Package! Book Now
Ranked #77 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
reno
“Unsurpassed Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. Our room was great with floor to ceiling windows and a view of the Washington Monument. But what truly made the stay special was the staff. Upon checking in (without my asking), they noticed that I was traveling with my 16 year old son and offered to change our room to one with two beds as when I made the reservation all I could get was a king.

The first day I fell and twisted my ankle and they did everything they could to make my stay comfortable. The staff and management were amazing.

The location is great. Not only is it close to Dupont Circle you can explore the Kalorama and Adams Morgan neighborhoods easily. It might be a walk to the Metro but there are buses that go right by the hotel.

There is a fan in the room that goes on and off which is a little irritating but I always sleep with earplugs when I travel so it wasn't much of an issue.

The pool always seemed full of kids but when we showed up the lifeguard asked them to take a break so we could have a quiet swim. I thought that was a nice touch.

After I got home I actually missed all those who work there and were so kind.

• Liked — Outstanding service
  • Disliked — No room in bathroom for toiletries
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I use tripadvisor for every trip I go on and theres certain things I look at:

1. Location- right in the center of it all, a great location

2. Parking- $25 a night

3. Pros: I disagree with people about the service, the people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. the only thing is the cons below.

4. Cons: We got there and the room was FREEZING...we were awoken our first night to doors banging open and closed and had to tell the housekeeper to please not slam the doors, they were very sweet though and didnt realize how loud it was so the noise stopped. Then the second night, apparently there were two friends staying to the right and left of us and kept visiting each other all night up until 3:00 a.m. until finally we couldnt take it and had to have our room changed. they were very accomodating.

I thought the people who worked there were very nice but the huge problem is the walls are paper thin and just a very loud and un- peaceful stay.

there is a great Italian place on the same side about a block down thats worth going to!

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I have stayed at the Courtyard Washington Northwest twice and both times were average. The location is nice and centrally located near the Dupont Circle Metro. The rooms are average, but I think it’s the service that is really lacking.

The valets are occasionally slow and sometimes just not there at all. So that is really irritating when you are looking to leave or come back. Also, we had a problem with someone at the front desk. This person was supposed to make a reservation for my boyfriend and me for our anniversary dinner and then when we showed up to the restaurant – there was no reservation and were told that no one from our hotel had even called at all that day regarding the reservation. We called a manager that night, left a message and never received a phone call back. The next morning, the same person who was supposed to make our reservation pretty much talked his way around his mistake and offered to comp us on a few things – so that helped a little bit, but there was still no excuse for the poor service.

Also, the maid would leave our remote on the floor in our room – so that’s just messy and annoying. The breakfast area is so disorganized that it’s almost not worth it. There are 3 people to help about 50 people. So there is little to no service here at all.

On the bright side, both rooms I have stayed in here had a nice view. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. My family tends to stay in Courtyards and because of the location, we may stay here again. Patience is key when staying here though.

• Liked — Location and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Bad service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Hartford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

Despite its convenient location in between Dupont Circle and the National Zoo/Woodley Park neighborhood, this hotel was a bit of a disappointment. The lobby and room were basic but unobjectionable. When we checked in, the a/c in our room was going full blast despite the fact that the thermostat registered 61 degrees. The promised free in-room internet failed to function throughour our two-day stay -- a fatal flaw in a hotel that doubtless attracts many convention and business travelers. The mandatory valet parking operation, which we used, was disorganized and inconvenient. One night we returned to the hotel at 11 pm to find the garage closed and the valet booth locked and dark; eventually we walked up to the front desk and were told to lock the car and leave the keys with the desk -- hardly a reassuring maneuver.. Retrieving our car at the end of the stay, we were forced to carry our (heavy) luggage down a ramp from the front door to the waiting car while the valet attendants and bell staff looked on in apparent indifference.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nonfunctioning in-room internet -- totally unacceptable
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

My family and I stayed here for 4 days during April school vacation. We were originally booked at another hotel which turned out to be an unacceptable choice. We called this Marriott as it was recommended by "Fodor, Washington." They could not have been more accomodating. Our room was clean, beds comfortable, and the buffet breakfast was delicious. Everyone on staff was pleasant and answered any questions we had.
The location, about 5 blocks up from the Dupont Circle Metro stop was quiet and chock full of great restaurants and interesting shops. A nice change after a day of touring DC.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Canfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

This hotel was $140/night in July. My opinion - a wonderful deal!

The pool was very nice, and quiet!

Convenient walk to Dupont Circle, lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance

I've stayed here on two different occasions - and I cannot complain about either one. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Whenever I come to DC, I stay at this place. It is an affordable alternative to the DC Hilton if you have a convention there because it is right across the street. The staff is very, very friendly and the prices are reasonable. It is only a few blocks from the Dupont Metro station which makes it convenient. Also, there are several local eateries in the area as well as recognizable chains such as Cosi, Starbucks and Chipotle nearby. A big plus is that there is free Internet in the rooms and in the lobby. I have never had a bad experience here and I have stayed with them several times.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle? Share your experiences!