Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #75 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
NJ
“Decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had quick one night stay here. Booked last minute because was pretty much best priced Marriott in DC. Most others were around $400. The location is a plus near the Metro and lots of stores/restaurants for a quick walk. The front desk staff and restaurant staff very, very nice though not a full service restaurant. The rooms were a bit small made for one. Wonder what this was before becoming a Courtyard?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Well situated courtyard hotel near Dupont Circle. You can walk to the metro or the many options available thru the metro rail or a taxi jaunt. The hotel is in a great area.

The hotel itself is OK, but nothing special. You can expect a nice'ish place that has some wrinkles, and small rooms. It has a functional fitness room with one elliptical and several treadmills. There is a small bar and prepared foods available in the lobby. For better breakfast, hit the Bethesda Bagels nearby. Bedding was lower end I thought compared to other Couryards and comparable hotels, very soft mattress as well.

Ive stayed at other Marriott branded hotels in the city and thought them nicer though the location here is a good bet. This isnt a full service hotel like most courtyards, you should expect a reasonably comfortable place -- which this is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is by far one of the better places I have stayed. I must say the location was very nice just a short walk to the metro. What made it so nice is the fact it’s got it all, nice property, super friendly staff, the location is just perfect. There are lots of great places to eat and drink in the area. If you do arrive to the hotel by metro, pack light the walk is an incline from the metro and if you have too much luggage it can become a pain. The high floors do have a Washington monument view as well. All and all I would stay here again and I would highly recommend it as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaaawa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife was here on business, and I tagged along. One of the agencies she is working with booked us here at the Courtyard Marriott.

We were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent, right across the street from the Washington Hilton.

We had a room with a view across the city to the Washington Monument. We ate in the room one night just to enjoy the view.

Like most Marriott hotels, the bed is wonderful and we slept great. The room isn't large, but adequate. Everything was clean. Lots of plugs for recharging phones, computers, pads, etc. The bathroom is small but well designed.

There isn't a full restaurant, but a limited menu bistro downstairs, mostly sandwiches and coffee. Okay for breakfast, with Starbucks Coffee, but not sure about other meals.

The staff have been universally friendly and helpful. They couldn't have been nicer.

With just a few blocks to the Dupont Circle Metro, it's pretty easy to get around Washington, and it's a relatively short walk over to Georgetown.

If you're coming to Washington, I would definitely recommend the Courtyard Marriott Dupont Circle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Robert R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear iLind:

On behalf of the team at the Courtyard by Marriott Washington/DC Dupont Circle. I wanted to thank you for the positive review and recommendation of the hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again hopefully in the near future.

Regards

Bob Russell.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stopped staying at courtyard because the quality was unreliable....evidently marriott realized it too and is upgrading the courtyard...I have stayed in two recently and they were very nice....they have eliminated the breakfast however which is unfortunate...that is what kept me coming....but a significant upgrade.....and quite reasonable...I stayed in washington dc for $109 a night....AAA rate....but really really a nice hotel

Room Tip: always get a corner room...much bigger
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The overall experience of this hotel was from poor to average. The most unpleasant thing that happened (which happened 5 different times ) was when our room number was asked as opposed to finding out our last name. I felt our safety and security was at risk the entire time we were there. My key did not work one night, I went front desk. They never asked for my id, only room number. Not even an apology. They just handed my key and I left. All I can think of was WOW!! I could have been anybody and I would have gotten a key. Luckily, my husband was with me on this trip otherwise I would have checked out and stayed somewhere else.
In all honesty, if this did not happen with my key, I wouldn't have been so criticizing of everything else in my room. It was poorly cleaned, picture frames crooked, mattress pad not the correct size, mattress excruciatingly soft, sheers unhooked to hairs on the bathroom floor. I, myself, work as a hotel manager and thankfully not a Marriott. Count on us to never stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013
Robert R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Tequliasuzie:

Our goal is to exceed the needs and the expectations of all our guest. Certainly the safety, security, and privacy of our guests is our utmost priority. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time and filling out a review. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me and I will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Robert Russell
Assistant General Manager
Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff were so sweet and helpful, it seems on a map this place may be far from the action, but you are only a block or two fom all sorts of goodies. The rooms are a great size and the cleaning crew do a good job!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle? Share your experiences!