“Central, great staff team” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Savings!
Ranked #72 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Suffolk
“Central, great staff team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for four nights and were very happy with the hotel.

The thing that stands out is the staff - every team member really shone, from front desk, to the bar and restaurant to the housekeeping. The check in was flawless - I had asked for a high floor room (great views!) and we got what we asked for. The room was big (a twin, great Marriott beds, excellent flat screen that HDMI'd to my laptop) very clean, well laid out, coffee maker, really fast wifi - everything you expect. The location is brilliant - a short walk to Du Pont circle and an easy walk to Penn Ave and all the sights and 3 blocks to the subway. Strarbucks one block away and a convenience store just behind the hotel.

This is a property I would definately stay in again becuase every staff member was so courteous. We felt like very valued guests and that's what makes a great hotel. Thanks to all of you.

Room Tip: Views are best from the higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Tryanythingonce,

It was our pleasure to serve you. I appreciate the great review and will pass it along to our staff. They have the spirit to serve and will be very pleased to be recognized by you. Please come back.

Albert_Montone@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

At top of hill at Dupont Circle area, this small hotel is warm and friendly. The entrance for cars is a little confusing, but the valets and bellmen are excellent. About five blocks from the subway, it is in a good neighborhood with restaurants about two blocks away that are interesting and ethnic. Prices for DC are good, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. My room was not made up when I arrived back at 3:30PM, but two super-efficient housekeepers arrived and made everything neat in short order. Elevators are quick, and service is too. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear DGreenberg2,

Thank you for the great comments about our staff and facility. I understand the driveway is unusual but we plan to upgrade to make it less confusing. We are very fortunate to be among a diverse selection of restaurants and attractions.

Please come back, we appreciate your business. Contact me directly should you need any assistance.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC/Dupont CIrcle
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am fortunate that my business travel over the past 20+ years has enabled me to stay in very nice hotels. My last trip to DC, included a stay at The Mayflower Hotel. The Marriott Courtyard-DuPont Circle beats The Mayflower, Ritz's etc. hands-down, because of the staff and their commitment to service. One example: I was looking for the previous day's Wall St. Journal and a front desk staff member offered to go out back and see if they were at the top of the dumpster. That is beyond service (I looked up what I needed online btw)

The lobby amenities are fantastic - Courtyard, in general, has revamped many of their properties to feel like a boutique hotel (which I've frequented too - all gloss - no substance IMHO). My room (for the past 3 weeks) has been both comfortable, quiet and clean.

I stayed over this past holiday weekend, on my own dime, and could have easily Pricelined a 4-5 star hotel at a reasonable rate and I chose to pay more, and stay here, because of the people and service at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear TheGlamGuru,

Thank you for a stellar reveiw on our service and facility. Our spirit to serve is alive and well throughout our staff. It is a pleasure to serve you. I appreciate that you will come back and are suggesting that others experence our service as well.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed 3 times at this hotel. Very nice staff, they give me big rooms cause I am a Marriott platinum member. I enjoyed my stay as the rooms are clean, roomy & the AC/Heating system is very good. I thank Mr. Eremis, the night shift gentleman at the front desk who really felt with me when he noticed how tired & frustrated I am when I checked in. He almost saved me from getting sick & more depressed in a very polite, professional & kind way. I will recommend this hotel to others for a short stay since they don't have a microwave in their rooms & the TV channels are very limited, around 17 channels, won't do for a long stay. Location is very good. Entertaining & safe area. Mr. Michael, the front desk manager is an excellent gentleman too & really works hard to make sure that everything is fine along with his efficient team.

Room Tip: I am a heavy sleeper so, what bothers others, don't bother me!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Zalfa A,

Thank you for a great review. Erimes and Michael will be very grateful that you mentioned them by name in your review. I appreciate your comments and please come back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a work/pleasure trip. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful the staff were at this hotel. EVERYONE was so kind, friendly and helpful. It really made the trip enjoyable.

One note to families with young kids... this hotel is not super close to the Metro. My 4.5 year old struggled with the walks from the Metro to the hotel after longs days exploring DC. It is probably my only complaint. But it is close to Dupont in general... there are many restaurants, stores, ice cream and coffee shops nearby. It was great for that.

The pool is nice with plenty of room to lounge. Given the location of the pool, it is in the shade much of the day so it was pretty chilly, even in August. But, you can order from the bistro right to the pool- awesome.

One morning, the bistro had a long lines-- I was impressed to see the manager on duty jump in and help as much as he could with food preparation. I don't love the Bistro idea in the Courtyards... would prefer a continental breakfast, but it was solid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Cr8zycoach,

Thank you for the five star rating on the service you received from our staff. I know the last block coming from the metro stop is all uphill and not convenient for children or if you have luggage. I do apologize that we are not more explicit with directions coming from the dupont metro station.

Please come back. We appreciate your business.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A nice hotel, in its simplicity, but:

1. I wish I'd known prior to my stay that there would be no breakfast as part of my package. Very inconvenient.
2. There was a lady at the reception desk who was often rude and dismissive.
3. The cleaning staff kept thinking we'd checked-out, and opening the door each morning!
4. Our door key/card stopped working 20 minutes before we were to collect our bags for check out!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Aria E,

I do apologize for the experience you had at our facility. Courtyard as a rule doesn't offer breakfast as part of the stay. There is no excuse for any of my staff to be dismissive. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay any further. I would appreciate it in order to reconcile for our shortcomings.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC/Dupont Circle
Albert_Montone@Doylecollection.com
Grand Terrace, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I just returned from a four night stay at this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Washington Hilton across the street, but that hotel was sold out so this one was the closest option. I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfullness of the hotel staff. From the door attendant helping with our bags and calling for a taxi, to the front desk receptionist, to the housekeeping staff cleaning the mirrors in the elevator every morning, I was always greeted with "hello", and a smile. The room was quiet, everything was VERY clean, the bed was comfortable and I was so happy to see that they had fitted bottom sheets on the bed (one of my biggest complaints at many hotels is that the bottom sheet isn't a fitted sheet so it becomes loose during the night and I'm always tucking it back in)! Their sheets were soft and there were many pillows of different sizes and thickness. My only two suggestions for improvement would be to add more shelf space in the bathroom to hold personal toiletries (there was only a small shelf), and to get thicker towels. The towels were nice and soft but were too thin. I'm used to big puffy towels at many of the hotels I stay in. I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
amont758, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Rileys_Mom2006,

Thank you for the great comments about the friendliness of our staff. I appreciate your critique on our bathrooms and the need for more shelf space. We are replacing our terry to provide a better product as well.

Please come back. It will be our pleasure to serve you.

Albert_Montone@DoyleCollection.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington DC \ Dupont Circle? Share your experiences!