The front desk tried to overcharge us more than $150 dollars at checkout not giving us the room rate that was clearly stated on our reservation. When I noticed the difference and asked to change the rate the front desk staff only VERY reluctantly changed it. Also there is a big sign in reception saying that the charge of the safe in the rooms can be taken off at check out if you ask for it, but this is not true. This sign is highly misleading as we asked but were told that it could not be taken off even after we pointed out the sign and the attitude of the front desk was actually quite rude.
The first night we were given a room that smelled really badly as the vent from the Italian restaurant below went right into the room and nothing in the room worked. It took staff about three hours to find out that they could not do anything about the tv. If you stay in winter you will need extra blankets as the duvets are awful! Running a hotel they should know that you cannot wash duvets in a machine. They were lumpy and worse than i would even expect at a backpacker hostel. The worst I have ever had at any hotel I have ever stayed at!!! As they are really just two sheets with some lumps in we asked for blankets, which we had to ask for three times and took hours to get there - after the receptionist making it very clear that we were being a nusciense.
No point in trying to contact the hotel/reservation team in advance either. We wanted to change our reservation to include one more night. When you e-mail them it says that they will get back to you within 24hours, but after two months I am still waiting. We then called and were told it was fine and that we could have one more night for the same price, but the hotel had not been made aware of this change and we had to pay a higher price for one night because the reservation team cannot communicate with the hotels.
I would NEVER stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone. The service was absolutely awful and although it is fairly cheap I don’t think it was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in town on business or pleasure, our Washington, DC hotel offers quality accommodations, generous amenities, an first class service just three miles form the heart of downtown DC, and just one block away from METRO accessibility. The Days Inn Washington DC-Connecticut Avenue is the perfect hotel to experience the Nation's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn