We chose this hotel for our trip to DC because of it's proximity to the Metro and the price. It provided the minimums but not much else.
The room was clean but the corners of the bathroom floor and the shower head needed attention. There was only one ice machine, and it was on another floor. The coffee in the lobby was not good. No breakfast, no help with parking or luggage. The girls at the main desk were very "matter of fact"... not rude, but not accomodating or apologetic. The lobby got pretty crowded at times.
Positives included the proximity to the Metro and decently comfortable beds (although the pillows left something to be desired). The week before we arrived I noticed a lower rate advertised on the website. I called the hotel and was able to save $20 a night.
Overall it's not too bad if you're trying to do DC on a budget and don't plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in town on business or pleasure, our Washington, DC hotel offers quality accommodations, generous amenities, an first class service just three miles form the heart of downtown DC, and just one block away from METRO accessibility. The Days Inn Washington DC-Connecticut Avenue is the perfect hotel to experience the Nation's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn