“Location, location, location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.

You added Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. to your Saves list
Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4400 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #106 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Franklin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Rooms are great, the rest of the hotel is not. The hallways and lobby are outdated and grungy. Super hard water in the shower, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnConnAve, Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor. We understand that everyones tastes and perceptions are different. But, we want you to know that the carpets throughout the hotel were replaced June 2012. Again, we appreciate your comments.
Jennifer Forbes, Manager
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the D.C. Days Inn as part of a tour and my iPad was stolen from inside my locked hotel room. I (and my tour guide) attempted to follow up on whether it had been recovered several times in the subsequent weeks and were unable to get a hold of the "lost and found" department. I ended up sending an email when I returned to Australia, which also got no response. Only when I sent a second email, was I given a brief reply stating that it wasn't found. Obviously it was a huge inconvenience to my trip as I no longer had access to the internet and found it difficult to stay in touch with my family and my fiancé. In addition, the iPad contained photos and documents as well as RESEARCH for my THESIS that cannot be replaced. Would not recommend staying here.. Not worth it. It's a shame because I stayed in other Days Inns around the country and didn't have any other bad experiences (but I was careful not to leave valuables in the room at all).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DaysInnConnAve, General Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for your lost however; let me assure you that the item mentioned was not removed from your room by any of our staff members. We just don’t have experienced any situations as the one you described in our hotel. All the room attendants have an excellent track record and have been working with us for several years. We also provide safes in every room to avoid this type of incidents. The electronic lock was read at it did not show any unauthorized entries. We are very familiar with your tour company as they are a very good partner. Approximately 30 to 35 of the 3 night’s tours stay with us every year and we have not had a single incident. As the rooms in your tour are multiple occupancy, we are hoping that your unit was mistakenly taken by one of your co-travelers. We contacted you by email as soon we got your notice to inform you that nothing was found in your room. Again thank you for your comments and we will continue, as always to be very vigilant for our guests.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm a Metro red line traveler doing a lot of business both in DC and Bethesda at the NIH. I used to stay at the Best Western Suites Rockville because I could get a room for about $100 but it's 20 minutes north by Metro and then their hotel shuttle is another 10 minutes. I discovered the Days Inn this last trip.

It's just a Days Inn - my expectations were for a bed, WiFi and a few hours of sleep. I paid just over $82 a night with Hotels.com

It's a short 2 block walk from the Van Ness-UDC red line Metro station.

Don't come here expecting luxury - but do expect to save a bundle. A Burger kit for fast food, a Starbucks and Subway on the way to the metro, a CVS a block away, and a good to go pizza from the pizza joint across the road or the basics.

For good food check out the the Hong Kong style Chalin's Chinese place a block south (ask for the Chinese menu for some interesting appetizers), and the sushi at Epicurean & Company.

Front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Only problem was the WiFi went down twice - the manager was right on it getting it reset but it still took a few hours to resolve.

Room Tip: the "inside" rooms look into each other over a 20 foot opening - try to be on the outside
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnConnAve, General Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We always strive to be the est value and hotel in the Nation's Capital. We look forward to you returning and being our guest again. Thanks for staying with us!!

Been to Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.

Address: 4400 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008
Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC
Ranked #106 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. 2.5*
Whether you are in town on business or pleasure, our Washington, DC hotel offers quality accommodations, generous amenities, an first class service just three miles form the heart of downtown DC, and just one block away from METRO accessibility. The Days Inn Washington DC-Connecticut Avenue is the perfect hotel to experience the Nation's Capital. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
Days Inn Washington Dc
Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
Washington Dc Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.