“No response” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.

You added Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave. to your Saves list
Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4400 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #108 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Thousand Oaks
“No response”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wrote a detailed letter to Days Inn back in January and I still have not heard from them. Talk about continued poor customer service. I will not stay at Days Inn again based on my experience with them

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnConnAve, Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. i would love to know what issues you had while staying with us. Feel free to contact me at 202-244-5600 Ext. 7264. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Days Inn Connecticut Ave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Day's Inn for 5 nights while moving between apartments. I chose it for the location, and that was perfect - it's only a block and a half walk to Van Ness station, and there are bus stops nearby as well. The area has a supermarket, two drug stores, a few different options for restaurants, and there's a dry cleaning place next door as well.

As for the hotel itself, I was happy with my stay. The front desk staff were very nice, particularly one young man whose name tag said he was in training, who came with me to my room after I'd had some trouble with the key.
The room was cleaned daily, even though my schedule changed and I was in and out at different times every day. The room was small but adequate. I requested an interior room to cut down on street noise, which means the view out my window was just a brick wall. The bed was fine, and the TV was nice (if I'm going to get nitpicky, a guide button or TV guide channel would've been nice on the TV). I found the free wifi to be reliable and fast. Bathroom was fine, although my shower was leaky. The worst part of the room was the pillows, which were really, really awful.

Although there are no luxuries and the hotel is pretty bare bones, it's clean and in a great location, and you can't beat the price. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Street rooms may be noisy, but interior rooms won't have any view at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DaysInnConnAve, Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is through customer feedback that we get our best input on how to make the guest experience that much more fulfilling. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hopwe you choose us again in the future. FYI, we are actually working with the local cable company to get that in-screen TV guide working.

Hilton Head
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visit this hotel fairly regularly, and you would think that the front desk staff would give me a nice room each time since I am a frequent visitor and a Wyndham Rewards member. Nope, I usually get one of the rooms that haven't yet been renovated and I complain each time that the bathroom is atrocious. I hope that changes. I like the staff, I like the location, but the rooms they give me....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our property. We are pleased that you choose to continually stay with us. I am saddened to hear that you have been gettings rooms that weren't up to standard, and I sincerely apologize for this. We take great effort to ensure all of our rooms are modern, and have all the same amenities as the others. I would love to hear more about the issues you have had, and also help on any way I can. If you would like, feel free to contact me directly at 202-244-5600 Ext. 7264, as I would love the opportunity to ensure your future stays go smoother.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent 4 nights here close to metro
A few restaurant nearby many more only 1 metro stop away
Comfy beds & pillows.
Overall I'd stay here again in fact this is 5 th time we have stayed here
Great deal for nice safe neighborhood in NW DC
Free good coffee & USA today in a.m.
In house restaurant was ok a little pricey for what u got
Bar was good except it closed too early.
Clean rooms and decent baths. Good towels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnConnAve, Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to do that. We were so happy to hear you've stayed with us many times, and hope you will stay with us again. P.S. I hope you are a Wyndham Rewards member. No sense in not getting points for all these stays. Thank you again!

You are appreciated,

Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel at the end of January and we were very happy with our stay. We were made
welcome by the staff who were always pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and fresh, as was the lobby area. The parking was undercover which was a big plus, but it was rather costly at $20 + 18% tax, but worth it in the long run. However, the price of the room was reasonable especially considering the location and this made up for the parking fee. The location was perfect with restaurants close by and it was very easy to travel downtown to see the sights. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnConnAve, Manager at Days Inn Washington, DC - Connecticut Ave., responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We work very hard to be one of the best values in the Dc area. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will choose us in the future. While it is true that we charge for parking, you would be hard-pressed to find a hotel in the city of Washington, DC that charges less for parking. While we understand that all guests aren't used to paying for parking at a hotel, in a lot of major cities where parking is at a premium, there is a cost associated with it.