“Nice boutique hotel and a 5 star staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Morning Glory
Ranked #45 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice boutique hotel and a 5 star staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here while working at RAB for nearly a week. It is centrally located in the Dupont Circle area and within walking distance to many restaurants and other places of enjoyment. The staff was exceptional and exceeded expectations on all levels.

Room Tip: corner units
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Amherst, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I spent a weekend at the Topaz while in DC for our daughter's bridal shower. We chose this hotel mainly for the location but were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff. It is a small, boutique style hotel but don't let that dissuade you from making it your choice. The rooms were very spacious and well appointed for what is really an older space. We loved the decor in the rooms and in the common spaces. The bathroom was very small but there is an ample dressing area with a full length mirror, vanity and decent lighting. The wifi is very fast ( be sure to sign up for their rewards program so you don't have to pay). There is a small bar and food area downstairs with seating vignettes for conversation. The staff was most helpful and always had a smile and some conversation. You won't be sorry with this choice!

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel is in a great location, close to Dupont Circle, Metro station nearby, walking distance to The Mall. Attractive and well-appointed room, even the food in the bar was good. Very helpful and attentive front desk staff. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet, though I had a bad view of a parking lot...
monroe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had to go to DC for the first time ever on a business trip and I chose this hotel because of it's relaxed atmosphere. They have Comedy Night on Thursday which was great. The first day I was exhausted and hungry after traveling 7 hours and working the remainder of the day. There was a huge mistake at check-in and took a lot of work on my part to correct. The air in my room was broke, the iron messed up one of my jackets, the light in the bathroom didn't work, the sink leaked, the restaurant and bar wasn't open due to an employee not showing up and it was raining so I had to order room service which cost a fortune after they tack on all the extra fees and the food was okay, so to say the least, my first night wasn't the best experience. The following morning, I asked for a curling iron and I had the pleasure of meeting the House Person "GLORIA FOSTER". She was so friendly and great customer service. I shared with her my problem at check in and all the problems I had in my room. When I came back to my room that evening, the air worked, there was a new iron on the table, the other items were fixed with a note from Mrs. Foster telling me she made sure all my issues were corrected and if there was anything I needed to call her directly. I saw her the next morning when she brought me more toiletries I received free from the hotel and she was so friendly again. She introduced me to other employees of the hotel who were very friendly and one of the young men at the front desk took time to show me how to use Ubur. When I was leaving I was able to say good bye to Mrs. Foster and meet her Manager who was extremely friendly as well, he apologized for my mishaps the first day and we talked for few minutes. We said our goodbyes and I was on my way home. I want to Thank Mrs. Foster for turning what could have been a bad experience into a great one and because of her, I have become a Kimpton member and when I go back to DC on business this year. I will stay at The Topaz!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not get a queen accessible, it is in the corner with a view of a dirty alley
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Raeshawna S, General Manager at Topaz, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Amanda D

First let me apologize again for the many mishaps during your first night with us. That was truly not usual of our team. I want to also say that Ms. Foster is a true gem for us. I am so happy that you had a chance to interact with her and, that she made the difference in your stay! Friendliness goes a long way and this time it turned you into a fan. I am so grateful for that. When you travel back please let me know!

Sincerest regards
Raeshawna Scott
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I'm spending an increasing amount of time in Washington and have been looking for a great hotel within easy distance of everything. The Topaz is it! The rooms are roomy and confortable, the location near DuPont Circle is convenient, the coffee is FREE (that's a big deal in my world) and so was the internet (also big). All together it was one of the best travel experiences I've had lately.

Green Features: Really appreciate hotel efforts to be environmentally aware!
Hello Kristin J!

I am so happy to read about your stay at Topaz. I too love our location. We look forward to being your home in the city when you travel. Please let me know if you need a business travel rate! I would be happy to connect you with my Sales team!

Raeshawna Scott
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here last week on a business trip to DC. Topaz is a great hotel in a wonderful location. Short walk to Dupont Circle with all of the restaurants as well as Dupont Metro. Complimentary wine each evening is a treat as well if you are a member of the frequent club for Kimpton, you get a $10 "raid the mini bar" coupon during your stay. Room very nicely furnished with great mattress and linens. Internet very fast. Wonderful friendly staff. They arranged for a private driver to the airport which was cheaper than a taxi and much nice car!!! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Raeshawna S, General Manager at Topaz, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello Dallas51

Thank you so much for your kind review! We can not wait to have you back at Topaz real soon.

Raeshawna
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a weekend, and had a great time. The location was perfect. We were minutes away from the monuments and museums, and walking distance from a plethora of restaurants and bars. The staff and management were very courteous and welcoming. The room was spacious, and comfortable. My family and I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Any room is great, it's the location and the service that will keep you coming back.
Green Features: My son liked the recycling cans in the room. Also noticed the the sinks and showers were water efficient.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Hello Richard B!

We are so delighted that you and your family had a great time! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Raeshawna