Craziest bad service I've ever received in all my years of travels throughout the world. I rarely post an uncomplimentary review....This one is necessary and well deserved after absolutely NO consideration of a return of two emails and three voice mails re. stay.
Check-in was fine....Gentleman was kind; room was clean for the price; bed was decent.
Next morning of two night stay finds breakfast room totally a mess...dirty dishes falling out of bin directly beside the food....cute cat roaming premises....but 'masses' of cat hair on the main dining room table....nicely asked if decaf was available, and was simply told, "We don't have it" (not a biggie...but played-in to the awful service).
Come back early evening to change for dinner and find the 'Service Please' sign still on door....No housekeeping service whatsoever~ Called downstairs...No answer....Walked downstairs to front desk to find employee sitting there playing with his cell phone. Kindly informed him of no housekeeping service....No apology whatsoever...I had to ask for towels...followed him down the hallway to a closet...got towels but no washcloths in sight; said 'thank you' - and proceeded back to room while he played with his phone.
Later that night after coming back from dinner, I asked a separate front desk staffer for my room key (you check them in and out of front desk); guy reached for it; hands it to me; and literally 'Grunts' at me. Again, kindly said, "Thank You," and proceeded to room.
Morning of check-out....same mess in dining room, only lots more cat hair this time; three housekeepers came in and made selves breakfast while socializing with each other - and while guests were waiting for them to move to get their own breakfast (note...this would be the SAME staff who didn't touch the room).
Checked out at front desk; same dude from evening before who was playing with his phone - again there doing the same thing; looked up at me; and 'muttered,' "Put your key in the basket." NO niceties from him; questions re. stay; apology; etc. NOTHING~~~
I called two days later and was given the name of the GM who manages all four properties ('Allen'), including The Baron Hotel, and have called to leave messages three times and sent email twice (couldn't have been nicer with the note, btw)....NOTHING nearly two weeks later.
Need I say more?
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Otel, EasyToBook, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.