If you come to this property with your expectations properly set, your stay will be great.
The rooms are small, they're dated, and the breakfast sucks - but the location and the price are great. And the front desk help (where to eat, how to catch the bus, etc) is excellent.
The bed was small (an old fashioned double - does anyone sleep in those anymore?) but comfortable. The hotel/B&B was relatively quiet, but it's location is excellent. Great access to transit, walking distance to the White House and The Mall, and a few blocks to the Metro. Restaurants everywhere - most within a block or two.
We stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom downstairs (below street level).
Overall, I'd come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc