You don't stay here for the ambiance, that's for sure. However, if you are looking for a deal in a great location, this is your place. The hotel is blocks from the action in Dupont Circle and an easy bus ride to nightlife in Adam's Morgan. The front desk staff can be surly, the internet is quite iffy, the decor outdated and there are other minor annoyances, like there's an extra charge for a second person in the room and there are no peepholes, but we paid significantly less than we would have anywhere else, besides perhaps the Red Roof Inn in Chinatown. The location was close to our friends and the restaurant and bar mecca that is Dupont Circle.
We've stayed there twice, but it's better if you know what you are getting into.
Note: If you are traveling two to a room, the standard-sized bed may prove a bit snug.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc