We recently visited DC for a pleasure trip. We got a great price on this place and you cannot beat this location for night life and shopping. We were only a few blocks from the train so we did not need our car to see all the sights. My impression from the room was that this is an old building that has had some good use. I never saw anything that grossed me out though. We only spent enough time in the room to sleep and get ready for our next adventure. The place worked well for our visit. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in your room or you typically stay in nicer hotels you may consider another place. It was a little small, the guest help was not the friendliest bunch I have met, there is no elevator, the carpet was pretty worn, and there was no parking. Besides that it was cheap, clean, bed was comfy, and you can't beat the location if you're looking for fun. It seems like you're asking a lot to pay less than a 100 bucks in the middle of a city and expect luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, HostelWorld, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc