“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phoenix Park Hotel

You added Phoenix Park Hotel to your Saves list
Phoenix Park Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   520 North Capitol St NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (National Mall)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park and Save with AAA
Ranked #47 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent 3 nights at the Phoenix Park Hotel, which is very resonably priced and conveniently located close to Union Station. It's an easy walk to transportation all over the city. I was visiting Washington and not sure where to begin and the staff was incredibly helpful with their directions and suggestions. The room was clean and very quiet with a great view and walking distance to the Capitol. The Dubliner Restaurant, located on the main level was also very good.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
Gasport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Phoenix Park Hotel was just one block from Union Station. This made getting around DC fast and easy! The hotel was clean, staff were friendly, and the room was great. Attached to The Dubliner was a plus as well! Their food was amazing. The only thing missing from the room was a refrigerator.

Room Tip: We loved the extra space found in the King Deluxe Room.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I arrived around 9:30PM and was delighted at the level of service afforded to me as I pulled up, and then went through the check-in process... Michael at the desk was wonderful and answered all of my questions.

I was absolutely overwhelmed at the beauty of the suite when I got to the room. It was HUGE, and so beautifully appointed. I was hungry so I called down to the Dubliner for room service; Conor answered and was cheerful and offered a terrific recommendation. The furniture was gorgeous and actually comfortable (not like a lot of hotel furniture that's more for looks) and I enjoyed lounging on the sofa watching tv as I waited for my dinner. Room service delivery was prompt and it was Conor who delivered the food.

The following morning I had a meeting a couple blocks from the hotel and the staff was great at helping me check my bag for the day.

When I came back from my meeting that evening, I worried about traffic out of the District (it was 6:00), so I decided to dine in at the Dubliner. It was really hopping so I sat at the bar and got excellent dinner service despite only drinking water! The bartender was really talkative and helpful w/ traffic advice - he even showed me how to use Google maps.

Eventually it was late enough that I thought I'd try the drive out, and I stopped at the desk to pick up my bag and my car (valet).

The service from beginning to end was super and the hotel itself was amazing. I was travelling alone on business but I am definitely bringing my husband back at some point for a leisure trip so he can experience it as well!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed Jul 1-6 & had a great experience. Our only down side is the parking deck w/valet, however I do not think the hotel had any control on that being in a busy city w/o any public parking.
The Dubliner Authentic Irish Pub, [I have been to Ireland twice and it indeed authentic] was a great place for eating with the Irish Beef Stew perhaps the BEST you will ever find anywhere! (asked for the recipe &still waiting hoping to get it)
Every evening a host came by our room with two complimentary Irish Cremes. All the staff were extremely nice and went out of their way to make sure we were pleased with everything.
The hotel is across the street from Union Station and only four blocks from the Capitol &the mall so you are walking distance to most sites or easy Metro (subway) ride to sites you want to see. I had a slightly hip and was able to walk to most places.
Yes, it is historical with small rooms but they are very nice with technology softest towels I have ever had.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are so pleased you enjoy your visit and hope to welcome you back again in future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The location was perfect. The hotel staff was attentive and accommodating. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioner worked great which was a blessing considering how hot it was outside. The shower had great water pressure which is unusual for a hotel but the grout around the tub had a lot of mildew in it. Our coffee maker was broken and we had to do some assembly every time we used it. Phoenix Park should invest a little more on maintenance. The Dublin restaurant & club seems to be the meeting place for the local’s so it was very crowded in the evenings but the food was great, a good value too. The bottom line: we had a great vacation and will recommend Phoenix Park to our friends.

Room Tip: Purchase better pillows. Increase maintenance.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
We are so pleased you found so many aspects of the hotel and Dubliner to your liking. As you may have seen, with our elevator replacement project currently underway the hotel is undergoing a $7M renovation this year to include our guest rooms, bathrooms and public areas. We look forward to showing you our new look on a future visit.
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great hotel , location superb for walking around Capitol / White House - excellent service and staff and rooms very clean and laid out . Very convenient for Union Station - would definitely recommend and stay again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
We are so ple3ased you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your business.
Peoria, AZ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was at the Phoenix Park hotel in June on a business trip, and I found the hotel to be comfortable and charming. The hotel was old, as you can guess from the fact that it is historical. There are things about it that are kind of cute and other things that are just old and outdated. The elevators are tiny and need to be upgraded. The view from my room was of another building (it was terrible). But I thought the charm of the hotel outweighed the quirks.
The staff was wonderful and attentive. The restaurant is one of those places in DC that lots of the locals enjoy.
The location can not be beat! So close to Union Station, it makes it easy to get to anywhere without a car or needing a Taxi.
I recommend the hotel because of the traditional charm and the proximity to Union Station.

Room Tip: Ask about the views when you book the room because if you want a good view they are few and far betw...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your comments and we are so pleased to have had you as our guest. And yes, we agree on the need to upgrade the elevators and as you saw during your visit and as our signs indicated we have elevator replacement currently underway this summer and this project will be completed in September. This is part of our full renovation program that will be completed at the end of the year. We hope to welcome you back again in future.