I am surprised by how many people rated this hotel so highly. I thought the pictures from the website made this hotel look pretty posh. But it's not, the decor is dated and the carpet worn and not very clean. There were even loose tiles in the shower. The shape of the room was odd and made me think this used to be housing for the university. We had a nice balcony but there was no furniture on it so we really didn't use it. And its really noisy, I live in a smallish town but only a few blocks from a fire station so I thought the ambulance noise wouldn't bother me too much. I was wrong. We were on the 9th floor and the sirens went off all day and night. The first night we were there was during Rolling Thunder and between the Harleys and the sirens I was thinking we wouldn't even make it the week. Fortunately things did settle down, but the sirens were a big deal for us.
The staff was always very friendly and helpful, they even let us borrow an umbrella one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle