This was the second time that I stayed in this hotel and like last time the room was great. Spacious, well appointed with a good work desk, dresser with tv, comfortable bed and a safe that could store your laptops. The safe was in a walk-in closet of ample size. the kitchen was well appointed too: 4 hub gasstove, oven, large fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, coffeegrinder (for the fresh coffebeans that were provided for you free of charge). Salt and pepper shaker in the cabinet. Just enough plates and cutlery to eat with two persons.
I know I will come back to this hotel.
NOTE; if your room is on the left side of the building (as seen from standing at the front entrance facing the hotel) you will have a lot of noise from emergency vehicles rushing to the hospital across the roundabout. On the right hand side of the hotel you would not have that problem as these are one way streets and less emergency vehicles rush from a hospital than to a hospital.
the left street is rushing towards the roundabout (and the hospital), the right street is running from the roundabout (and from the hospital). I like the left side more personally because of the sun. Although this tends to make the room hot during the afternoon. If you don't care about the sun, and are bothered by the noise of the emergency vehicles (which I am not) choose a room on the right hand side of the hotel (facing the hotel entrence.
the whole foods acros the street from Foggy Bottom metro station (only a 300 meters walk) is very convenient for shopping. Even if it always seems to be (very) crowded. However, lines move vast so wait time is not too bad.
I gave it 4 stars because of the heavy smell of candles in the entrance of the hotel and the heavy perfum in the corridors. Without the perfumed candles I would have given the hotel 5 stars. As it is the perfume makes me ill (needing to take about 4 tablets of Citrizine per day to stay on my feet). Most people who have astma, like I have, fall ill because of such heavy perfumes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle