“I LOVE THIS HOTEL. IT IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Repeal the Prohibition
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Jamison,Pa
“I LOVE THIS HOTEL. IT IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been a world traveler and road warrior for nearly 20 years. I discovered this hotel at least 15 years ago while traveling to DC. I have NEVER stayed anywhere else while traveling to the DC area, even if my meetings, which often occurred, were at another hotel. That includes the Willard and the Ritz Carlton.

This hotel has truly become my "home away from home." I feel very safe here and every member of the staff truly cares about their guests .

The hotel is not glitzy, but housekeeping is impeccable and the suites are well equipped and such a respite and refreshing experience from the typical hotel room. Many of the suites have full kitchens and some have a dining room for 6 and 1.5 bathrooms and a living room and separate bedroom. They even provide coffee beans and a grinder with filters in the kitchen and dish washing soap for the dishwasher and paper towels and everything one needs for a fully equipped kitchen. Flat panel TV's in the living room and bedroom are standard as is a balcony on virtually every room. It was a beautiful day in DC and how wonderful to sit in the sunshine on the balcony.

I have had the privilege of staying at many 5 star hotels over many years. While many of them are more elegant than One Washington Circle, none measure up to how I feel when walking through the front doors of this hotel for at least over 100 times now. I feel at home and safe and comfortable! The restaurant is excellent and there is a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's within walking distance to stock that wonderful kitchen. The restaurant also delivers breakfast and dinner with great food and very reasonable prices for DC.

Sometimes I think about this hotel as the perfect place to live if I ever take a position in DC. I have been remiss for many years in not sharing my review of my favorite hotel in the entire world....at least of the ones that I have experienced. And, that has been many, many hotels!

I love OWC hotel and I hope that you will make it your go to hotel whenever you are in DC!

Room Tip: High floor.....Circle Suite is the top accommodation
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Patricia,
Wow! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your wonderful review. There is no higher honor than being our guests 'home away from home' and we're so pleased that you've taken the time to share your experiences with other Trip Advisor reviewers. Thank you for continuing to be such a loyal and repeat guest and we certainly look forward to your next visit with us in DC!
The One Washington Circle Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Muttontown, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was visiting the DC area and wanted to be near George Washington University. The location is excellent and the front desk was warm helpful and friendly. Elliott was very pleasant and made a dinner reservation for me. Despite being very busy, he took his time helping me. However, that is where the positives of the Hotel stop.

The lobby of the Hotel was small and clean but a little dingy. The hallways were dimly lit and the carpets were worn and stained.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. The hardware on the door was old and the lock actually had a screw missing. The door did not automatically close. This is the first time I have ever stayed in a hotel where the door did not automatically close, so I inadvertently left the door open several times. I am not sure if this was a defect or if the closing mechanism was never installed.

The room was a reasonable size with a full size kitchen. However, the room itself was very dingy, the carpets were worn and stained. The bathroom, although clean was also in need of renovation. The bedspread and linens were old and worn and the pillows were flat and of very poor quality. In general the room, although clean was very stale.

I had a difficult time sleeping as the windows were not sound proof and I heard a tremendous amount of street noise.

I woke up early Saturday morning and needed to have breakfast. I went to the restaurant on the lower level and was surprised that it did not open until 8am. Once inside it was dark and poorly staffed. They only offered a buffet. I took one look at the runny eggs and thin un-appetizing pancakes and walked out.

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in many hotels. I must say that this Hotel would be ok if the room was $79, but for $200 there must be many better options in the area. I would suggest that management try to make the Hotel as nice as it's website.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear David S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very insightful feedback. First of all, we very much apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We recognize that several aspects of our hotel need updating and we look forward to several renovation projects in the coming months. That being said, things such as the door closing automatically and breakfast being sub par are not acceptable to us. Our leadership team is taking your feedback very seriously and are in the process of reviewing your experience in order to ensure we do not repeat our mistakes. We certainly hope that the next time your travels bring you to DC, you will give us the opportunity to redeem your prior experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our General Manager directly to book your next stay.
Buncrana, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Travelled to Washington with family for a couple days to see the sights. This hotel was booked via Amtrak & was very satisfactory indeed. Easy walk from Metro. Checkin was straightforward. Room had a kitchen & was a really useful facility. The room was perhaps a little 'worn' but only a minor issue. Very comfy.
Proximity to the GWU hospital does lead to significant siren exposure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear martingerardkelly,
We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to enjoy our close proximity to public transportation and all of DC's wonderful attractions!
We certainly hope to welcome you back very soon!
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was at this wonderful hotel a month ago due to not having water or heat at my residence during one of the snowstorms.

They let me check in early with Buttercup as I was headed to work afterwards. Although they were unfamiliar with the web pet policy (litterbox and playtoys for kitty), I left her in their capable hands.

It is right off of Farragut North Metro and a little hard to find (no sign), but look for the balconies.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. In particular, Nara (?) at the front desk was an absolute doll when advising me what was in walking distance (Whole Paycheck to pick up food and beverages).

Went down to the restaurant on a Saturday night and was treated like a VIP and met the chef and sous chef. Told them I was congested and they jazzed up the mussels in coconut milk for me (THANKS!). I had never had absinthe, asked about it and got that martini. I had invited a new friend to join me for dinner and they asked us how long we had been a couple (it was a first date fellas).

Highly recommend for the service, value and a place to bring your 4-legged family members (they don't charge an extra deposit for them).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Donita and Buttercup,
It was certainly a pleasure to host you both at our wonderful hotel! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you, Donita, were able to have a fantastic meal at Circle Bistro!
We hope to welcome you both back very soon!
Springdale, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Thank you Elliott R. From the first conversation on the phone the night we needed to check in you seemed sincere in helping us in our situation with our family member in the hospital and the unpredictability of our situation. Your kindness and generosity far out weighed the comfort of the room. Though the "suite" was totally what we needed and the discount helped immensely, we were nourished in sleep, hygiene, kindness and generosity. There was a brief concern over the siren traffic so near the hotel, but I think because Elliott was sincere and the place was immaculate, we slept our 5 hours and rolled on. Thank you again Elliott and his manager for the flexibility we absolutely needed at the time. Sincerely!

Room Tip: Speak with Elliot and the manager that was on Tues. Feb 12, 2014.
Dear Dee Dee D,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us----while we are sorry to hear you were in town because of a family member's illness but we're very pleased to hear that Elliot and our team was able to provide you with comfort during this difficult time.

We certainly hope the next time your travels bring you to One Washington Circle Hotel it will be under much happier circumstances!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great value for money. Excellent location. Completely trash any negative review. Location is excellent. Everything was fantastic!!!! The staff was the absolute best. Rooms where ridiculously huge. Could not have nada better time with my family. They all want to return over and over again. Excellent restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Yahaya E ,
What a wonderful review for our team to read! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it! We're beyond thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our hotel, our room sizes, our wonderful team and our restaurant, Circle Bistro! As quickly as your family would like to return we cannot wait to welcome you all back!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed a long weekend as we came to D.C. to get married. We reached out to the hotel and inquired about an upgrade as we shared our good fortunes and the reason we would be staying there for the weekend. We arrived and were treated to a suite with beautiful roses, card signed by the staff, champagne, cheese tray with fresh fruit. We overlooked Washington circle and it was very convenient to the Metro station at Foggy Bottom and within walking distance to Georgetown and surrounding wonderful restaurants. The staff was very friendly and we would highly recommend anyone to check this place out. We had a fantastic weekend sight seeing and what a memorable weekend it was! We had a fantastic experience and will definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear hyevcak,
First of all! Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for giving us the honor of playing a role in your big day! it was such a pleasure for our team to host you and we're so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the weekend!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!
The One Washington Circle Hotel Team

Been to One Washington Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!