I have been a world traveler and road warrior for nearly 20 years. I discovered this hotel at least 15 years ago while traveling to DC. I have NEVER stayed anywhere else while traveling to the DC area, even if my meetings, which often occurred, were at another hotel. That includes the Willard and the Ritz Carlton.
This hotel has truly become my "home away from home." I feel very safe here and every member of the staff truly cares about their guests .
The hotel is not glitzy, but housekeeping is impeccable and the suites are well equipped and such a respite and refreshing experience from the typical hotel room. Many of the suites have full kitchens and some have a dining room for 6 and 1.5 bathrooms and a living room and separate bedroom. They even provide coffee beans and a grinder with filters in the kitchen and dish washing soap for the dishwasher and paper towels and everything one needs for a fully equipped kitchen. Flat panel TV's in the living room and bedroom are standard as is a balcony on virtually every room. It was a beautiful day in DC and how wonderful to sit in the sunshine on the balcony.
I have had the privilege of staying at many 5 star hotels over many years. While many of them are more elegant than One Washington Circle, none measure up to how I feel when walking through the front doors of this hotel for at least over 100 times now. I feel at home and safe and comfortable! The restaurant is excellent and there is a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's within walking distance to stock that wonderful kitchen. The restaurant also delivers breakfast and dinner with great food and very reasonable prices for DC.
Sometimes I think about this hotel as the perfect place to live if I ever take a position in DC. I have been remiss for many years in not sharing my review of my favorite hotel in the entire world....at least of the ones that I have experienced. And, that has been many, many hotels!
I love OWC hotel and I hope that you will make it your go to hotel whenever you are in DC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle