I stayed here for a week in August with my family. We like suites hotels because the kids can stay in one room and the adults in another. We wanted to be in the city, not in a suburb of DC and selected this based on price and walking distance to the Metro. The location was great - two blocks to the Foggy Bottom stop and near a handful of restaurants and a Whole Foods grocery. The area isn't as popular as adjacent Dupont Circle (which is within walking distance). The hotel appears to be a 1970's apartment building, converted into a hotel. Space was great (large living room + desk area, small full kitchen, moderate sized bedroom), but all of the finishes were pretty tired. The lobby was pretty sleek and had been updated recently. Service was excellent. We were placed on the first floor, and despite its challenges (loud trash pickup in the a.m. and smelly balcony), the location worked out pretty well for this family (walk to pool, no elevator). The swimming pool (outdoor, unheated) was a good way to end the day, but it was downright chilly, even for kids. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant (pricey). Parking was about $20 per day, which seemed to be the going rate for the city. At the end of the day, the price, space, and the location drove us to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle