“Relaxing& fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
lawrence, ks
“Relaxing& fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was several visits later&we still enjoy this hotel. It is older but is charming. The lobby is really amazing with beautiful decor. We actually came back to see if CHevy was still there who is a bartender that has been there for 38 years. He is so special. All rooms have a balcony & this time we overlooked the water. They have changed the area so much. .They have built so much. Saddly this favorite place might be taken away so if you have a chance to go, do. The service is great & even though it is growing older it is a great experience. The elevators were easy to acess but needed cleaning. The breakfast at the captain's room was good & reasonsable. They also have great treats in the bar after 4pm. We also enjoy the people that frequent the area.We will be going back next year.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location on the waterfront is very appealing, especially in the summer. Feels removed from the frenzy of all the attractions, but an easy walk to the mall, and just one or two very quick subway stops to the center of things. Yusef is very knowledgeable about the city and the surrounding towns like Arlington and Alexandria. There are two vanity areas, making it easy to get ready for the day or for bed. Tub/shower combo. Potomac tour boats and great fish market within steps of hotel. Phillips Restaurant--I guess a landmark within blocks. Hotel restaurant and coffee shop pricey. Safeway, Starbucks, Subway right next to metro station. Rooms may seem dated to some people, but for most people it seemed fine. Free parking. I guess, depending on room location, evening events might be noisy, but we did not hear any noise. Staff tried hard to accommodate needs and succeeded. Again, Yusef and Joseph very helpful. Will stay there again. Access to a fitness center near metro. Nice pool on premises. small balcony.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June. The national mall is on walking distance. Just go into 7th avenue and you walk straight to the mall. There is also a possibility to take the subway not too far away.

The location itself is very nice. We had a room with view on the harbor. It's a quiet part of town.
The downside is that there are not so many dining opportunities as staying downtown.

The restaurant "Pier 7" was acceptable so we had dinner there twice.

The rooms were large and clean. The furniture is a bit outdated but that didn't bother us.

There is free Wifi but for me it only worked properly in the lobby.
I chose this place because it has free underground parking. Which is nice to have if you are travelling through.

Room Tip: Rooms with view on the harbor/water are big plus
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Room overlooking the Potomac River with king bed and sofa sleeper. Just $7 taxi to the Mall. Lots of seafood shacks near this hotel on the waterfront. Helpful staff. Good food in Pier 7 Restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so the decor is dated, the towel had a hole in it, I found an earwig on my pillow and the function room was noisy. But I don't care because the room was cheap for this city, there is free parking, I've got a good view of the Marina and the staff were friendly and helpful. If you want luxury stay somewhere else, but for those on a budget this place is ideal. Although I admit, the bug freaked me out and I keep checking for more and feeling like something is crawling on me - ha!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My Mom and I loved the view of the Channel, the Pentagon, the Jefferson Memorial and planes banking right before landing at Reagan National Airport from our balcony. We were on the second floor, but I can't remember which room. Just ask for a room with a view of the channel. Plenty of space in the room, a nice staff, clean hotel. Not fancy and a little dated, but perfectly fine for us. I highly recommend this hotel as affordable and close to attractions. BTW, there is a supermarket in walking distance. Forget the name, but it was perfect for purchasing sodas and snacks, and even has a really good deli. Oh, and I forgot to say that parking is free and it's easy to get in and out of the parking garage.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor facing the channel. Great views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! They charged my credit card for another $300+ although my room was already paid for through Priceline. They kept telling me it's a hold on the credit card but the transaction was already cleared which means it's not a hold anymore.
Also, when I arrived at the front desk I requested a double room. They said they can do it for an extra $20 dollars. When I went upstairs, it's still a king size room. So I went down to tell them they made a mistake, they changed their words and said they never said I can get double bed and that they are fully booked! The front desk stuff is unprofessional and rude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Channel Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!