“Nice location near the waterfront” 4 of 5 stars

You added Channel Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Channel Inn Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 Water St SW, Washington DC, DC 20024-2422   |
Ranked #105 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Nice location near the waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June. The national mall is on walking distance. Just go into 7th avenue and you walk straight to the mall. There is also a possibility to take the subway not too far away.

The location itself is very nice. We had a room with view on the harbor. It's a quiet part of town.
The downside is that there are not so many dining opportunities as staying downtown.

The restaurant "Pier 7" was acceptable so we had dinner there twice.

The rooms were large and clean. The furniture is a bit outdated but that didn't bother us.

There is free Wifi but for me it only worked properly in the lobby.
I chose this place because it has free underground parking. Which is nice to have if you are travelling through.

Room Tip: Rooms with view on the harbor/water are big plus
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lindsborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Room overlooking the Potomac River with king bed and sofa sleeper. Just $7 taxi to the Mall. Lots of seafood shacks near this hotel on the waterfront. Helpful staff. Good food in Pier 7 Restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so the decor is dated, the towel had a hole in it, I found an earwig on my pillow and the function room was noisy. But I don't care because the room was cheap for this city, there is free parking, I've got a good view of the Marina and the staff were friendly and helpful. If you want luxury stay somewhere else, but for those on a budget this place is ideal. Although I admit, the bug freaked me out and I keep checking for more and feeling like something is crawling on me - ha!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My Mom and I loved the view of the Channel, the Pentagon, the Jefferson Memorial and planes banking right before landing at Reagan National Airport from our balcony. We were on the second floor, but I can't remember which room. Just ask for a room with a view of the channel. Plenty of space in the room, a nice staff, clean hotel. Not fancy and a little dated, but perfectly fine for us. I highly recommend this hotel as affordable and close to attractions. BTW, there is a supermarket in walking distance. Forget the name, but it was perfect for purchasing sodas and snacks, and even has a really good deli. Oh, and I forgot to say that parking is free and it's easy to get in and out of the parking garage.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor facing the channel. Great views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! They charged my credit card for another $300+ although my room was already paid for through Priceline. They kept telling me it's a hold on the credit card but the transaction was already cleared which means it's not a hold anymore.
Also, when I arrived at the front desk I requested a double room. They said they can do it for an extra $20 dollars. When I went upstairs, it's still a king size room. So I went down to tell them they made a mistake, they changed their words and said they never said I can get double bed and that they are fully booked! The front desk stuff is unprofessional and rude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel was by far the cheapest rate we could find. The hotel staff was very nice and answered our questions about how to get places. The room was comfortable. The decor was indeed dated, but we didn't come to town to see the hotel. Free parking is HUGE in this town.

The hidden gem here is the hotel bar at happy hour. The bartender pours them up right and treats you like you have already left him a c-note tip. I have never had so much booze per drink during a happy hour anywhere. Kudos!

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I am currently a guest at this hotel and this is the second night in a row that the music coming from the "events room" downstairs has been extremely loud. I'm staying in one of the rooms above this events room and it's impossible to rest. I called the front desk and they said they "couldn't do anything about it" because that room has been rented out and they have no control over it. It's almost 11 pm and the music keeps playing very, very loud. No manager in the property. The owner was in the building earlier today as I was told by the front desk and, when I requested to talk to him, I was told he wasn't available because "he was taking a walk in the building" - really?
Don't even consider this hotel if you want to have a pleasant stay in Washington D.C. For the same price, you get other hotels even closer to downtown. What a waste of money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Channel Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!