This hotel is for you if:
- you don't mind hair other then yours in the bedsheets upon your arrival
- you don't mind the sense-awakening smell of old carpet and pipes.
- you enjoy hair in your jam for breakfast
- you call breakfast bread with jam and socks juice for coffee (and nothing else). Rest assured, its included.
- you rent a room in a slum-like favela and found the experience rejuvenating. The building is indeed decrepit both inside and outside. Just like you like them to be.
- you like being told by the staff to fetch your own taxi when it can extend the pinky and call one for you.
- you appreciate conversing with the outer world while being in the bathroom. The curtain reaches only 7/10th of window in such a way that while sitting DC can see you.
- you're used to your room doorknob falling when you pull it.
That sums up my experience and I'm writting this review with still one night to go.
On a positive note:
- the staff is reasonably friendly.
- the location is great - 10 mn walk from Foggy bottom subway and 20 min from the city center and white house.
- AC works.
- the neighbourhood is safe.
- most importantly: it's cheap. You get what you pay for.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your The Allen Lee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Allen Lee Hotel Washington Dc
- Allen Lee Washington Dc