This hotel is for you if:
- you don't mind hair other then yours in the bedsheets upon your arrival
- you don't mind the sense-awakening smell of old carpet and pipes.
- you enjoy hair in your jam for breakfast
- you call breakfast bread with jam and socks juice for coffee (and nothing else). Rest assured, its included.
- you rent a room in a slum-like favela and found the experience rejuvenating. The building is indeed decrepit both inside and outside. Just like you like them to be.
- you like being told by the staff to fetch your own taxi when it can extend the pinky and call one for you.
- you appreciate conversing with the outer world while being in the bathroom. The curtain reaches only 7/10th of window in such a way that while sitting DC can see you.
- you're used to your room doorknob falling when you pull it.
That sums up my experience and I'm writting this review with still one night to go.
On a positive note:
- the staff is reasonably friendly.
- the location is great - 10 mn walk from Foggy bottom subway and 20 min from the city center and white house.
- AC works.
- the neighbourhood is safe.
- most importantly: it's cheap. You get what you pay for.
- Also Known As:
- The Allen Lee Hotel Washington Dc
- Allen Lee Washington Dc