“Avoid this room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Graham Georgetown

You added The Graham Georgetown to your Saves list
The Graham Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1075 Thomas Jefferson Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Formerly Hotel Monticello) (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Cherry Blossom Package
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Avoid this room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am sitting awake in room 108 at this hotel at 6 am after having been kept up by noise from their bar until late last night. The problem this morning is twofold - that this room shares a common wall with the gym where someone is working out with weights and that the cleaning crew for the bar seems to be moving furniture around by dragging it. The problem last night was that , for six hours, there was music blasting through our floor. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that the first person I spoke with about the noise last night claimed that he had no idea where music could be comng from.. That is just insulting. I come to Washington every week for business and was hoping to have found a nice new hotel for these visits. Unfortunately, the combination of the outright lie from the evening desk clerk and the sleepless night makes this a nonstarter. Room 108 should not be a Guest Room. It is in a location that is unsuitable for its use - sleeping! To be fair, the woman at the desk this morning was sympathetic and much friendlier but that doesn't help what was a horrid night.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you into room 108 if you need to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director, Rooms Division at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Rebecca R,

It is always disconcerting to hear that a stay did not meet a guest's expectations. As we strive to provide exceptional service and outstanding accommodations, I sincerely apologize that you did not find your stay comfortable. I would like to also send my sincere apologies if there was any sort of misunderstanding with the information that our dedicated front office ambassadors gave you in regards to any noise issues. Our brand selects a specific type of music for our new restaurant, The Alex, to ensure that it does not disturb any guests staying at the hotel while ensuring that it is suitable for our restaurant clientele, hence why the associate you spoke with may have been unsure what the blasting music could have been. I will make sure to address and reiterate the importance of your review with the team. In the meantime, I hope that this does not discourage you from coming back to us and reaching out to me directly if I can be of assistance. We have a collection of rooms in the hotel that will suit a quieter accommodation and I do sincerely hope that I can assist with your reservations and room choice. Lastly, I am glad that you were able to speak to the manager on duty upon your check out and found a reasonable compensation for the inconvenience.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon and if I can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out.

Abdulla N. Almutairi
abdulla.almutairi@thegrahamgeorgetown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

What we loved:
Location was perfect. Close to everything Georgetown has to offer. We were able to walk to Georgetown University, as well as George Wasthington. Staff was friendly and sincere.

Hotel has a great sense of style. King suite was large enough for family of 4 but be aware that the bedroom has no door separating it from the front room with the pull out sofa.

We found the bed and the linens to be comfy. Even the pull out sofa was made more comfortable with the wonderful linens and addition of a comforter/duvet.

Coffee service (Keurig) was a bonus.

Less than perfect:
-Terrible lighting in bathroom for putting on makeup!

-When staying as a family/with children, most of the offerings included in the "personal necessities" mini bar were questionable. (The tray was located on the bathroom vanity. You will know what I mean when you see it) This hotel is probably best for couples or business travelers, rather than a family.

-Perhaps it was an off day but the restaurant downstairs (AGB as it has been renamed) was terrible. It took a very (very!) long time to get our meals and then three meals were served while we waited on the third. Sadly, the eggs were terribly overdone on both of the omelettes, to the point of being spongelike. Our bill was over $100 for a family of 4 with 2 omelettes, one egg sandwich, one croissant sandwich, one coffee and one juice. We did not return for another meal due to the experience. If breakfast is not included in your room rate, be wary. (On the upside, it looked like a great place for an evening cocktail).

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed three nights at the Graham. The staff was top notch. I was attending functions at Georgetown University, and I liked the fact that the Graham is close to both Georgetown and the K Street Waterfront. The beds are super comfy. I can't wait to go back again and use the roof deck when it is open, because the views are gorgeous. I read the review about the street noise - it did not bother me, but it may bother some people who like to sleep in late.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to minimize street noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The main benefit of staying at the Graham is that it is wonderfully located in the Georgetown district, walking distance to shops, restaurants and the DC highlights - I walked to the Lincoln Memorial along the river in about 25 minutes. The staff are the second highlight - friendly and warm. The downsides are that I struggled to sleep (mainly due to jetlag but also I believe the room temps and beds and pillows as well as some noise) and the showers aren't fantastic, water pressure impacted by the person next door using the water. The décor and other details however are top notch. So there are a few cons, but I felt the location made up for it; it depends what matters most to you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
washington dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nicely redone place -- the pictures are accurate, and for a Georgetown located, large freshly redone room (including bathroom), you'd think you'd scored at the price.

Which you have, if you don't mind a lot of city noise. I asked the desk about moving and they said all the rooms are loud. At breakfast, the woman said, the guy before you was talking about the noise, too.

When I lived in NYC and was used to a lot of City noise, I think I could have lived with this, but not anymore.

I will say that if city noise does not bother you, the pictures are accurate and the location is great.

However, I have to fail this place for me because if you cannot get a good rest, it's hard to say it's the good hotel.

Staff was very nice.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director, Rooms Division at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear washdctrav7,

Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel during your recent visit to our hotel. We are very proud of our product and glad that many guests like you have the choice to giving us the chance to wow them during their stay with our spacious rooms and speak-easy experience. Our property has the beauty of being in the heart of Georgetown and within walking distance to all the exceptional destinations our city has to offer and I hope that we can welcome you soon. Anything that we can do and within our means to ensure you enjoy a pleasant stay will be offered, we have appointed rooms in the back side of the hotel that can offer the comfort of a quiet stay. I hope that you reach out to me directly if I can assist in making your future reservations or welcome you to one of our well-appointed rooms or suites.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed there in late February. We live a few miles from Georgetown and like to stay out in DC overnight for a quick "vacation" away from kids and chaos! We've stayed everywhere - Four Seasons, Ritz, Mandarin, hotel DuPont, mayflower, etc. This was our best experience in a dc hotel hands down. When we arrived, the front desk staff were incredibly welcoming and upgraded us to a wonderful suite. While we waited for the suite to be available, they treated is to cocktails in the bar. The room was fabulous. The decor was great. Everyone we met from the front desk, to late night security to the bar tender was wonderful, friendly and treated is like royalty. It was a fantastic experience and we will definitely return and would recommend this hotel to everyone. I am typically a hard reviewer and could not find anything wrong with this place. Location is perfect, hotel has a very cool vibe and is clean and staff was attentive. A plus! Wait - one recommendation for the hotel --- provide some free bottled water in the room! We will return, probably several times a year!

• Stayed February 2015
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director, Rooms Division at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear jackmanvirginia,

Thank you for your detailed account of your exceptional stay while visiting our property in late February. We are delighted that we left a lasting impression and we will be your destination for your future 'staycations' while visiting our nation's capital. The luxury service that we provide ourselves with and the custom-made amenities designed for this hotel are truly part of what makes our guests return to us and become loyal patrons to our hotel time and again. Again, thank you for your candid feedback and we look froward to welcoming you back to us in the near future. Do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any further assistance or to simply say hello.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the King bed suite. Beautiful decor, very sparse. Staff were friendlyand helpful.
Didn't use the restaurant, room service or bar so can't comment on those.
We were keen to use their rooftop bar, however was closed until April.
Only negative is the Gym is VERY sparse and the low ceiling made it impossible to use the pull up bar on the multi station - but no one was ever in the gym at the same time so lack of equipment didnt become an issue.
Will however be our top pick to stay again on our next trip to DC.
Great spot, beautiful hotel.

• Stayed March 2015
Dear Candilock,

Thank you for your kind review of our stylish and speak-easy gem in Georgetown. I am delighted to hear that you had such an exceptional stay with many positive aspects to it. We strive to provide our guest with a memorable stay and an experience that will have them returning to us. I do hope that you future visit will encourage you to visit our new hotel restaurant that has been such a buzz in our city and that the weather will be warm enough to allow us to welcome you to our rooftop lounge bar. Our craft cocktails and delicious food menu will sure be to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance in the future or if you would like to say hello.

abdulla.almutairi@thegrahamgeorgetown.com

Been to The Graham Georgetown? Share your experiences!