“Great stay at The Graham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Graham Georgetown

Save Saved
You added The Graham Georgetown to your Saves list
The Graham Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1075 Thomas Jefferson Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Formerly Hotel Monticello) (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Main Beach, Australia
“Great stay at The Graham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just had a great stay at The Graham hotel in Georgetown. On arriving, got an upgrade to a Junior King Suite - very nice. Bed was super comfortable, having the best sleeps of our trip so far. Roof top bar is very popular, both with guests and locals. Lovely breakfast, with the staff really looking after us. All staff, especially, Abdulla, were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Also, great location in Georgetown and conveniently located to DC attractions.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seaford, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've stayed in many hotels, but I am very rarely truly impressed. The Graham did that. From the two room suite, to the rooftop bar, to the restaurant and quality of food, this is it as far as I'm concerned.
Seven of us had dinner there and there were no complaints out of anyone. I truly enjoyed my dinner. The restaurant did not carry a Riesling wine which I wanted, but that is a minor compared to everything else. Checking into the hotel was a joy and checkout was not necessary. My only beef would be the over $50 charge to park the car for a night.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I arrived to this hotel a bit late on a Friday evening but I was greeted by a friendly front desk agent. The front desk agent saw that I was tired from traveling and stated that she was going to get me into a room quickly. I was weiry about the room I would get since I book on a last minute site, but I was pleasantly surprised with room 202. It had a sitting area with a television, a large bathroom with a double vanity, long hallway which lead to a desk, king size bed and another television. This room was big and nicely decorated. The hotel is in a trendy area with lots of shopping.

Bit of advice of if you are a soft sleeper ask for a room that does not face the street, because you hear all the people late at night leaving from the rooftop bar. Also you have to walk out to the nearest street to catch a taxi because it seems that taxis do not stop in front of the hotel. When leaving I had lug my luggage a half of block to catch a taxi. But, once at the corner it was not difficult to catch a taxi at all.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for only one night during a college visit to georgetown u. Beginning on arrival I was impressed by the staff's attentiveness and graciousness . The valet helped us with our bags and the front desk gentleman quickly offered an upgrade to a suite when he saw I was traveling with my daughter and a friend (original reservation was just for myself, our plans changed and the girls ended up staying with me). He arranged for a seamless upgrade to a comfortable, spacious suite. He inquired about our dinner plans offering to make reservations etc. we had already reserved a table at Filomena (mediocre food but lovely setting).
Aside from the lovely suite with large bathroom ., room was quiet (even though facing street, it is a quiet spot just off M, close to all the action but quiet for sleeping).
We ate a quick and delicious breakfast in the downstairs restaurant (which overlooks a tiny, lovely walled garden).
The location of the hotel is perfect for walking everywhere , you do not need a car. And the staff were all delightful making us feel quite welcome and cared for.
My only regret is that we did not stay longer.

• Stayed September 2014
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director of Rooms at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear jwdnewyork,

Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to our little gem in the heart of Georgetown. We are very delighted to hear that your stay with us was exceptional. It was my personal pleasure to welcome you and have you settle into one of our exceptionally appointed suites. We pride ourselves in the service that we deliver and I am pleased that you found our services and amenities were to your liking. I can not wait to be able to welcome you to The Graham in your next visit to our nation's capital. If I or any of the staff be of any future assistance, do not hesitate to reach out.

Abdulla Almutairi
Director of Rooms
abdulla.almutairi@thegrahamgeorgetown.com
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Love the location!!! However, I received a call from them prior to my arrival asking about my arrival time so they would make sure my room is ready. When I did arrive, it wasn't ready and I waited 4 hours for it. The room was nice but not amazing for $500/night. The noise level was ridiculous - I could hear flushing of toilets and people walking in the room above me from 4am-8am both mornings. I asked the front desk about this and the 2nd night they said there was nobody in that room and it should be quiet. WRONG. I called down to say the noise was still there and they said they would check on it. They also didn't clean my room - day 2. Really? They gave me a coupon for a free drink for that. Rooftop Bar - amazing views and beautiful but that is the only good thing at this hotel. I ordered room service for dinner - what a mistake. The steak frites were thick and tasted like rubber meat. The salt shaker was empty and didn't even have a stopper on the bottom - how do you not know this when preparing the tray?
No ice readily available so you have to call down and wait for someone to bring it to you.
Oh and wi-fi didn't work my entire stay. RIDICULOUS
I will not stay here again. Too many other hotels in the DC area with better service, prices and accomodations. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First impressions count. Arrived here by train from New York a few hours before check in. It was raining. Waited 15 minutes whilst solitary receptionist struggled to accommodate guests wanting an extra night. Meanwhile phone rings and rings and rings.
As our room is not ready we ask to borrow an umbrella. "There is an umbrella in each room sir!" But we cannot get in our room, so can we borrow an umbrella? "No Sir, we don't have a spare umbrella."
We eventually get our room, but not our bags. They are short staffed and the doorman forgot! Oh, and then the suitcase rack is broken. Doorman removes it and says he will replace it, but doesn't.
We have theatre tickets booked online that we need to print. Reception gives us the completely wrong email address and email bounces! Go figure!
Day 2 they forget to clean our room. We have to call them late afternoon.
And did I mention only one bath robe for a couple and only decaf coffee for the coffee machine?
Grrrr!
First impression has become an enduring impression. This joint needs a rev up in the service stakes!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excelent boutique hotel in the heart of Georgetown. Thanks for the amazing stay. Felt like we picked our best option in town. We loved the spacious room and the hotel style. Service was also above level. Only downside was paying 48 US for parking.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Graham Georgetown? Share your experiences!