“Superior service in a boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Graham Georgetown

Save Saved
You added The Graham Georgetown to your Saves list
The Graham Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1075 Thomas Jefferson Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Formerly Hotel Monticello) (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #52 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
New York, USA
“Superior service in a boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for only one night during a college visit to georgetown u. Beginning on arrival I was impressed by the staff's attentiveness and graciousness . The valet helped us with our bags and the front desk gentleman quickly offered an upgrade to a suite when he saw I was traveling with my daughter and a friend (original reservation was just for myself, our plans changed and the girls ended up staying with me). He arranged for a seamless upgrade to a comfortable, spacious suite. He inquired about our dinner plans offering to make reservations etc. we had already reserved a table at Filomena (mediocre food but lovely setting).
Aside from the lovely suite with large bathroom ., room was quiet (even though facing street, it is a quiet spot just off M, close to all the action but quiet for sleeping).
We ate a quick and delicious breakfast in the downstairs restaurant (which overlooks a tiny, lovely walled garden).
The location of the hotel is perfect for walking everywhere , you do not need a car. And the staff were all delightful making us feel quite welcome and cared for.
My only regret is that we did not stay longer.

• Stayed September 2014
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director of Rooms at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear jwdnewyork,

Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to our little gem in the heart of Georgetown. We are very delighted to hear that your stay with us was exceptional. It was my personal pleasure to welcome you and have you settle into one of our exceptionally appointed suites. We pride ourselves in the service that we deliver and I am pleased that you found our services and amenities were to your liking. I can not wait to be able to welcome you to The Graham in your next visit to our nation's capital. If I or any of the staff be of any future assistance, do not hesitate to reach out.

Director of Rooms
abdulla.almutairi@thegrahamgeorgetown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Love the location!!! However, I received a call from them prior to my arrival asking about my arrival time so they would make sure my room is ready. When I did arrive, it wasn't ready and I waited 4 hours for it. The room was nice but not amazing for $500/night. The noise level was ridiculous - I could hear flushing of toilets and people walking in the room above me from 4am-8am both mornings. I asked the front desk about this and the 2nd night they said there was nobody in that room and it should be quiet. WRONG. I called down to say the noise was still there and they said they would check on it. They also didn't clean my room - day 2. Really? They gave me a coupon for a free drink for that. Rooftop Bar - amazing views and beautiful but that is the only good thing at this hotel. I ordered room service for dinner - what a mistake. The steak frites were thick and tasted like rubber meat. The salt shaker was empty and didn't even have a stopper on the bottom - how do you not know this when preparing the tray?
No ice readily available so you have to call down and wait for someone to bring it to you.
Oh and wi-fi didn't work my entire stay. RIDICULOUS
I will not stay here again. Too many other hotels in the DC area with better service, prices and accomodations. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

First impressions count. Arrived here by train from New York a few hours before check in. It was raining. Waited 15 minutes whilst solitary receptionist struggled to accommodate guests wanting an extra night. Meanwhile phone rings and rings and rings.
As our room is not ready we ask to borrow an umbrella. "There is an umbrella in each room sir!" But we cannot get in our room, so can we borrow an umbrella? "No Sir, we don't have a spare umbrella."
We eventually get our room, but not our bags. They are short staffed and the doorman forgot! Oh, and then the suitcase rack is broken. Doorman removes it and says he will replace it, but doesn't.
We have theatre tickets booked online that we need to print. Reception gives us the completely wrong email address and email bounces! Go figure!
Day 2 they forget to clean our room. We have to call them late afternoon.
And did I mention only one bath robe for a couple and only decaf coffee for the coffee machine?
Grrrr!
First impression has become an enduring impression. This joint needs a rev up in the service stakes!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Excelent boutique hotel in the heart of Georgetown. Thanks for the amazing stay. Felt like we picked our best option in town. We loved the spacious room and the hotel style. Service was also above level. Only downside was paying 48 US for parking.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved this hotel and location. We arrived early morning - well before check-in - and Uma at the front desk didn't hesitate to make us comfortable even though we were room-less temporarily. She (and the doorman whose name escapes me) checked our bags and sent us off to a fantastic restaurant for breakfast before returning for an early check-in. If you are looking for a boutique with a classy, yet unpretentious feel, this is the place. The canal and waterfront trail are right at the doorstep and is awesome to get a beautiful long (or short) run in before your morning coffee. Best of all, Uma took fantastic care of us and made sure all of our needs were well taken care of! We'll be back soon and wouldn't stay anywhere else because of her.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director of Rooms at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Faizan D,

Thank you for your candid feedback and your recognition of our hotel during your recent visit to The Graham Georgetown, Washington, D.C. We pride ourselves in the service we provide and our associates are our asset in ensuring our guests enjoy an exceptional experience. I am happy that Ulma was able to provide you with a memorable stay and has allowed you to consider us for your next visit. It is great to hear that you found the hotel accessible to all your destinations and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

If I can be of further assistance or desire to say hello, do not hesitate to reach out to me!

Best,

Director of Rooms Division
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Graham Hotel George town for two nights the last weekend of August 2014. Our suite was the only one that had a very nice walk out balcony facing the back of the hotel on the third floor at tree line height. The greeting by the door man Weldon, was excellent and he was very helpful and efficient in bringing our luggage up to our suite. However the front desk leaves something to be desired. Not very professional especially the girl on duty I believe Uma was her name. She was so busy in talking about this most fabulous hotel and did we know all about it as my husband was trying to check in. She was much to busy in talking herself. His response was my wife booked your hotel, so I guess she would know. As I walked up to the desk Uma said Oh my, you have booked the Sinatra Suite, I said yes and she goes on and on about the hotel their restaurant besure and visit the top roof bar etc. etc. We were alittle tired driving from NYC and just wanted to check in and have a cocktail on our balcony. After getting into the suite we noticed there was not a working refrigerator so went down to the front desk and asked Uma if one could be sent up. She said she would, but we never saw it and Uma never bothered to call to see if we received it.

We did enjoy a cocktail on our balcony after my husband went to the roof top bar to bring them back. The suite was nice and the king bed was excellent . However the down side is hardly no service such as towels changed out or ice left in ice bucket or clean glasses or turn down service. . They do not understand what evening service means / rated high quality hotel should be offered missed both nights we were guest. Loved the location so that was a plus very close walking distance to great evening dinner places and entertainment venues.

I would suggest if you do not get the balcony suite on the third floor, the other area hotels would be a much better choice for the high price. The car parking charge for this Hotel with their own on sight garage in building was way out of line.

Room Tip: Select the Sinatra Suite with only balcony offered in the hotel. Back hotel rooms or suites nice an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PamelaDallas_TX,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to The Graham Georgetown, Washington, D.C. I am pleased that you found the SInatra suite to your liking, however, I apologize that you found the interaction upon your arrival less than what you may have expected. Your experience does not reflect the norms of our service levels that we provide at our hotel, and I hope that if you choose to stay with us again that you reach out to us directly to ensure you have a memorable stay. Our hotel is equipped with more 30 well-appointed junior and king size suites that are exceptional. However, the Sinatra suite is a wonderful experience.

If I can be of any future assistance to you, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best,

Director of Rooms Division
ISRAEL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in the Graham (in 2 double rooms with king size beds ) one night on labour day.We got (in the hotel web site )the price of 269$ per night including tax and very good breakfast. We got one very nice king size room facing the street on the 6 floor and another very tiny room which seems to be single room on the same floor.We knew that the hotel has lager available rooms in our category but the front desk preferred to give us the very tiny room(we did not ask to change)We had 2 other issues with the front desk:1.regarding parking-they put on us a kind of pressure to use their valet parking(49$per day)and gave incorrect information about other options of parking in the area.2.Regarding reservation-Even though we have made the reservation in the hotel's website they said that our reservation does not include breakfast and asked us to prove them that we paid for b&b . In spite of the front desk nor reliable service during our checking in-we liked the location ,the comfortable bed ,breakfast and the rooftop and may return.

Room Tip: High floor room facing the street was bright , sunny and quiet during labour day
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Graham Georgetown? Share your experiences!