“Weekend in G'town” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

Save Saved
You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wisconsin Avenue North West, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Getaway
Ranked #107 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Zurich, Switzerland
“Weekend in G'town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is right in the thick of things in Georgetown. We were able to walk everywhere. Everyone is extremely nice and helpful there. Having said that, the rooms are very tired and the bathrooms are even worse. They are old and even though they were clean then were dingy. They all need some major upgrades. Lastly, the hotel says it has high speed internet but it was so slow I just didn't even bother to use it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Once we arrived to the hotel late at night our room was approximately 83°F. We called downstairs to ask about the air conditioning unit (as it was a typically hot DC day and therefore air conditioning should already be a priority to them). They informed us that they can call engineering in the morning. I said this is unacceptable because the room is (hyperbolized) "thousand degrees" and they instructed us that they would see what they can do and proceeded to transfer us to a room in the old wing (our original, hot room was in the new wing with a nice amenities including a refrigerator in the room and a newly remodeled bathroom). However the room we moved to was in the older more rundown wing with rust stains in the bathroom dirty carpeting and musky odor (in addition to not being much cooler with an antiquated AC system that took 1-2 hours to cool room). Given the inconvenience of moving all of our stuff (of course the unfriendly staff did not help us move anything) I would have assumed we would be upgraded if anything not downgraded to a dirty noisy old room. We used to consider the Georgetown a very good bargain because it's an wonderful area and perfectly located to the Georgetown campus however we will never be staying there again unless something drastically changes.

• Stayed August 2013
GeorgetownGM, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations. However, we are very interested in your opinion as we move forward with the necessary improvements to our hotel. After our upgrade of our HVAC system in the coming months, we can only hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay because a family member was being treated at Georgetown U Hospital. I found this hotel on Hotel Tonight App. I stayed there for five nights and walked back and forth to hospital(1mile).
I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and certainly meet my needs. I didn't find it that dated at all. The linens were those white comforters that are changed with each customer....I really like that anywhere I go.
The Internet was free but a bit slow and you had to re accept every time my iPad went into rest mode.
I would recommend this hotel

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We are delighted that your visit to Georgetown University Hospital an overall success and thank you for your hearty recommendation. We are proud to have served the Georgetown University community for more than 50 years! All of us at The Georgetown Inn sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Dartford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip as my boss said it was best located for the office I was visiting. Georgetown itself is a great place, full of character with plenty of good restaurants for the business traveller. This hotel though had seen better days. I'm surprised Americans put up with it given that they tend to have higher expectations than we Europeans. Yes there is some nice, old furniture in the rooms but carpets, curtains and paintwork all need replacing/redoing eventually!. Bed was lovely though and very comfortable but then bathroom was a disgrace. I only had a shower who's controls looked like they were about to fall out of the unit and the plug/stopper on my sink/wash basin didn't work so I had to shave with constantly running water. I wondered if this was normal in the States having not visited in years but realised it wasn't when I stayed elsewhere more recently.

I think one could tolerate the bad points if you were paying less but the hotel is very expensive and I think customers deserve better for the price they pay here. I'm returning to DC in October but have booked another hotel in the city for a similar price but which appears to be classier with better reviews, and one which offers free wifi - Georgetown Inn didn't!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeorgetownGM, Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that your experience did not meet or exceed your expectations. One small correction, though -- the wireless internet access has been free for quite some time now. However, we are very interested in your opinion as we move forward with the renovation plans for our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the occasion to show you our improvements in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was a bit reluctant to stay at the Georgetown Inn after reading the review. The reason I chose to stay here is the location above M street, the price and I wanted to be in Georgetown. The Capella and The Ritz are a very different level of hotel and about double the price (or more!). So I went with the Georgetown Inn and the $200.00 a night rate. Cappella and The Ritz were 450.00 area. The place is definitely TIRED. The bathrooms are dated, there is dust on the walls, the carpet is old and it has window units. None of that bothered me too much because I was expecting it from the reviews. The bed was great. Nice mattress and great pillows. They use window units and another type of AC. They are loud but I thought of it as a sound machine. All in all I was happy with what I got for the price I paid.

Room Tip: I asked for a clean room and told them I read Tripadvisors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced comments regarding your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We are pleased that your visit to Georgetown and the nation's capital was an overall success! All of us at The Georgetown Inn will certainly look forward to your next visit!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The staff is friendly and the location can't be beat, so if you get a good price for a room it can be worth it...with some caveats. I stayed here several times 7-8 years ago and enjoyed it very much. My recent stay, however, was disappointing. The first room I was given was above the restaurant exhaust fans and smelled like fried food. I was courteously given a second room, which was nicer but smelled slightly mildewy, and the furniture was quite worn. The service in the restaurant for breakfast was slowwww. Room service the next day was better, and the food is very good. All in all, it was a mixed experience and I'm sorry to see this gem of a hotel in decline.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations. However, we are very interested in your opinion as we move forward with the necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Wall Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great hotel in Georgetown. Walk to super restaurants, shopping, walk to Georgetown University (sports, chapel, historical). Location is ideal. Hotel: still a gem, a little tired, comfortable beds, wifi, nice reception. If you need to be in Georgetown, this is a good place. We paid $179 a night including parking, breakfast not included. Average for DC area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GeorgetownGM, Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for such a positive response -- we're thrilled that your visit was a perfect one. It is very gratifying for all of us at The Georgetown Inn to have been part of your successful visit to this nation's capital. We hope to have many other opportunities to host your visits to Georgetown and Washington, DC in the future.

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!