“A very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

Save Saved
You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wisconsin Avenue North West, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Special Rate
Ranked #106 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Orchard Park, New York
“A very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were here on business with Georgetown University. We had arrived very early in the morning, hoping that we can leave our luggage at the hotel while traveling in the area (given that the check-in is 4pm). However, upon arrival we were told that our room was ready and we can proceed. We stayed on the 3rd floor and found our room quite spacious, clean, and the bathroom was very decent. The soundproofing at this hotel is amazing, given its location on a very busy road. Also, the hotel is situated in a very prime area. It's within walking distance to everything: Georgetown University, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, etc. The staff is very helpful and friendly. When leaving we were in a hurry, so we went to the Grill Room and ordered a Chicken Caesar with a glass of wine, and when they had arrived the salad was quite delicious and the staff there was quite accommodating. Overall, a very nice experience. Would definitely stay here again the next time we are in D.C.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Malibu, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in on 3/14/13 and the room was dirty and dated. Internet didn't work and they couldn't fix it. Checked out two hours later and they said they'd refund my credit card. When they didn't, and I called about the refund, Mr. Patel, the manager yelled at me on the phone and told me I ought to be ashamed of myself for asking for a refund after being in the room for 2 hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Middlebury, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Georgetown Inn a few times, since our son goes to Georgetown and we visit once a term. I reviewed it a couple of years ago, but feel it's time for an update. The location is still super and the free parking for AAA is great. We also love the Daily Grill. The main issue is that the whole place is in need of an update. The decor is straight out of ca. 1980 faux Colonial and the beds are getting a little soft. When we arrived in our room, one bed was made and the other wasn't. They put that to rights quickly, but it was rather unexpected. Our bathroom was small and functioned OK (shower, no tub), but the decor is dreary. (I hate beige!) The soundproofing is good overlooking busy Wisconsin Ave. We didn't have trouble with our TV reception, but there was no room guidebook to either the hotel's various features or the TV channels. (I've had this missing in other rooms here, too.) For these prices, the room should have a minibar. The whole place is resting on its location, when some investment and TLC could make it one of DC's greatest hotels. Such a lost opportunity! But, then, as one review I read has said, if they fix it up I probably won't be able to afford to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This inn was to me a pleasant surprise. Though, I have traveled to DC on business before, I typically stay somewhere else but had multiple meetings in the Georgetown area---relatively close to this hotel ---which I wanted to walk to instead of taking taxi. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is an OLDER hotel therefore is not utterly pristine...BUT it was clean, and well kept. I think the word charming..is fitting. The rooms were more spacious than others in DC and had that bed and breakfast feel. I had no problems with either the internet, or tv and used both extensively while I was there. Cogently, I had no other problems (water etc.) with the workings of the hotel.

I checked in AFTER one of my meetings so quite late...9:00 ish and therefore also decided to eat in the restaurant. It was a good meal and found the staff pleasant enough...after I of course in typical city fashion flagged them down (even though they stop serving at 10:00). The front-desk staff went out of their way, in my opinion, when I called them from my meeting and asked them to call me a cab to my location. They did and were very pleasant, plus the cab arrived momentarily.

I ordered a small bite to the room for breakfast and it was delivered to the minute on the time I asked. Oh, and for having it right in the thick of things it was very quiet. I am a light sleeper and thought I would have difficulty sleeping but it was remarkably quiet.

Overall, this is a pleasant, charming hotel right in the HEART of Georgetown. If you are looking for a pleasant and convenient location in Georgetown this is it...steps from the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past three years because it is near Georgetown University and somewhat reasonable in price compared to the surrounding hotels.
Repeatedly we have communicated in person with the desk, the on site manager and by email most recently to the hotel management (no response...) regarding the television service. It is so antiquated it is embarrassing. A few years back I believe they replaced the gigantic back tvs that were used during the 60s with flat screen tvs. We were hopeful this would solve the horrible reception issue. It did not. Its a huge treat for our college student to not only sleep in a real bed but also get to watch tv at night. Last month we were told there were only a few stations that were viewable in the entire hotel (we asked to move rooms as we wanted to watch a specific sports event) We are tolerant of the shower heads not being updated, and even the comical "workout facility" with one treadmill and one bicycle, but will the television reception ever improve?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Georgetown Inn for one night this week, and found the hotel okay; not as nice as it appears on pictures, rather old fashioned, not to say run down.

Location is great, staff and service also.

But; major weaknesses;
internet connection is very unstable, fitness center consists of one -1- threadmill, one - 1 - bicycle; which is not good enough.
Also; there is no fridge in the room, and the coffee machine only makes american coffee.

But; i will consists staying there again; mainly since the location in the very mice Georgetown neighbourhood is so great.

• Stayed February 2013
GeneralManager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review. Feedback such as yours is invaluable to us, and we will work to make necessary improvements based on reviews such as these.

We are currently working on improving the quality of our fitness center, and we just completed installation of our new complimentary high-speed wireless internet system.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be visiting us again, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Georgetown Inn.
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Room was lovely until I went to take a shower early in the morning and found it completely inoperable. Called front desk who sent up a man (alone, great early in the morning when you are in your PJ) who also could not get it to budge. Clearly this problem was known - there is no way the previous person staying here could not have had the same problem - , but not taken care off. Finally another man comes (alone!) and pulls and tugs and gets a bit of water to come out.
I asked to speak with manager but he was not in. Before leaving I left a request to be contacted. The hotel said the manager would be in touch but he never was. I told them I would write a review on tripadvisor but first give them a chance to contact me to explain. Apparently they did not care.
That said, the room was nice, internet intermittent and poor, but otherwise ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review, and we take the issues which you bought up very seriously. We apologize for your shower not working, and for the inconvenience that caused you. If we did not ask you if there was a better time to send up an engineer to fix your shower, I apologize on behalf of our entire team.

We are happy to hear that up until that point, you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!