“poor service and upkeep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wisconsin Avenue North West, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Special
Ranked #102 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Durham, North Carolina
“poor service and upkeep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Room was lovely until I went to take a shower early in the morning and found it completely inoperable. Called front desk who sent up a man (alone, great early in the morning when you are in your PJ) who also could not get it to budge. Clearly this problem was known - there is no way the previous person staying here could not have had the same problem - , but not taken care off. Finally another man comes (alone!) and pulls and tugs and gets a bit of water to come out.
I asked to speak with manager but he was not in. Before leaving I left a request to be contacted. The hotel said the manager would be in touch but he never was. I told them I would write a review on tripadvisor but first give them a chance to contact me to explain. Apparently they did not care.
That said, the room was nice, internet intermittent and poor, but otherwise ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review, and we take the issues which you bought up very seriously. We apologize for your shower not working, and for the inconvenience that caused you. If we did not ask you if there was a better time to send up an engineer to fix your shower, I apologize on behalf of our entire team.

We are happy to hear that up until that point, you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you want to be smack in the middle of charming Georgetown, then look no further. Steps from the hotel is everything from high end name brand stores, to boutiques, and restaurants to fit any budget and palette, plus the famous Thomas Sweets ice cream and fudge store, as well as a 5 Guys Burgers. You probably aren't looking to stay in the hotel too much. If so, the Georgetown Inn is perfect. The hotel is perfectly adequate.. above adequate, in fact. But it doesn't offer the kind of accommodations or environment that make you want to lounge in your room, indulge in the spa-like bathroom, or meet friends in the lobby. It is functional, with very comfortable beds! Our room had plenty of space with a sitting area off the bedroom. The bathroom was small, but again, perfectly functional. Just nothing special. The decor reflects the historic Georgetown area, though feels a little tired. I would recommend the hotel for work, or for families who don't want to worry about being in a "too fancy" place with the little ones. It's not necessarily a "romance destination". It's also great for families visiting students at neighboring Georgetown University. The main entrance to the campus is a 5-minute walk away, during which you'll walk past a couple of the houses JFK lived in before he moved into the White House. The Daily Grill restaurant is adjacent to the lobby. It's a great addition to the hotel and provides a well above average breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily. Great for meeting friends before heading out on the town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay at The Georgetown Inn; we truly value our guest's feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time dining at the Daily Grill, and eating at the other wonderful restaurants and establishments in the area. It sounds like you also got a chance to experience some of the history of Georgetown, such as the former residences of JFK.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Georgetown next time you visit our nation's capital.
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel not quite in the heart of the busy downtown area with charm and walking convenience of shops and restaurants, this is a good choice. The Metrobus and DC Circulator bus stops right outside the hotel and will take you into the DC area. After a long day of sightseeing; it was great to take the bus back to hotel then set out to dine at one of many restaurants in the area. No car needed!

Room Tip: We had a room with a nice view of Wisconsin Avenue
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I grew up the DC area and have eaten at the restaurant (in its various incarnations) a number of times over the years. This was my first opportunity to stay overnight. I was not disappointed! The room was small, the bathroom tiny, but it was so well appointed! Beautifully decorated with all the latest amenities and the feel was that of being in an old hotel in Europe! I was surprised to read that it was built in the 1960s. The staff was warm and courteous, both in the hotel and in the restaurant. The buses stop right out front if you do not want to drive around DC, and the connection to the underground is easy. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from Reagan National Airport - assuming you make the correct turns! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Here is the full review with specific pros and specific challenges to this inn.

1. On a recommendation from my husband I stayed at the Inn. At the past viewers stated it is a very charming hotel in the central of all the hustle and bustle. The inn itself is surrounded by restaurants and stores.

2. If you are a women traveling on business alone it is actually a very safe area. The stores are open until 9:00 pm and patrolled by officers so you can walk around late at night without a problem. That is nice since that has not been the case in other parts of DC.

3 . The rooms are tiny generally one best and a small bathroom. There is a shower and no bath so don't expect a nice soothing luxurious bath at this nn

4. Internet - I have my own Internet set-up but I would inquire before you book if Internet is free. If memory serves me Internet was a daily rate of $ 13.95 per day.

5. Restaurant - The restaurant was overpriced and frankly with all the great food surrounding the Inn it is best to venture for a walk

6. Parking: Parking is steep in the hotel - $ 35.00 per day. I used panda parking online and walked 2 blocked to my parking spot and that cost me $ 25.00 per day

7. HUGE PROBLEM: The night before I left I requested a 4:30 am walk up call for Room 317 and the evening receptionist confirmed it back to me on the phone. The call never came so I missed my flight. It took me 15 hours to get home and a lot of problems along the way. So do not ask for a wake-up call rely on your own devices.

8. CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE QUESTIONABLE: I have the hotel 4 days to respond to the wake-up call incident. I sent the manager and the women that assisted me a detailed email explaining the situation and the role they played and they never responded. That is disappointing.

All in all I still gave them a 4 because there location is strong, their inn is charming but they have lost trust in my business because of their inability to handle an important task like a wake-up call.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

very charming hotel in Georgetown Washingon DC. Its a historic hotel, so its verys olde worlde, but very nice. Room quite a good size, small bathroom. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Quaint area. Hop on Hop off bus stops right outside hotel. Downtown Washington doesnt seem to have many restaurants or shops. Sue, Carine Travel Bug, Perth, Australia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Georgtown Inn. As he was traveling for business and I needed to be in touch with my family back home, we found the very poor to non existent at times Internet connection a real issue. In this day and age, people travel with devices that require Internet connection to allow them to communicate. As we couldn't Skype, my phone bill was horrendous as I needed to communicate with an ill mother and a daughter in Australia and a son in Europe. We gave up trying to get our emails and a newspaper took 10 hours to download!
Although the Georgetown Inn is a charming hotel in a great location, I doubt that we would stay there again. Obviously management don't care, as complaints to front desk, an email and phone call to the manager were ignored.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms with the older style furnishings
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We apologize for the experience you describd with the Internet connection, and we appreciate the time you took to let us know. It is through such feedback that we are able to make improvements. We are pleased you found the room enjoyable, we welcome an opportunity to earn back your business.

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!