“Charm of Georgetown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

Save Saved
You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Wisconsin Avenue North West, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Special Rate
Ranked #106 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Charm of Georgetown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel not quite in the heart of the busy downtown area with charm and walking convenience of shops and restaurants, this is a good choice. The Metrobus and DC Circulator bus stops right outside the hotel and will take you into the DC area. After a long day of sightseeing; it was great to take the bus back to hotel then set out to dine at one of many restaurants in the area. No car needed!

Room Tip: We had a room with a nice view of Wisconsin Avenue
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I grew up the DC area and have eaten at the restaurant (in its various incarnations) a number of times over the years. This was my first opportunity to stay overnight. I was not disappointed! The room was small, the bathroom tiny, but it was so well appointed! Beautifully decorated with all the latest amenities and the feel was that of being in an old hotel in Europe! I was surprised to read that it was built in the 1960s. The staff was warm and courteous, both in the hotel and in the restaurant. The buses stop right out front if you do not want to drive around DC, and the connection to the underground is easy. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from Reagan National Airport - assuming you make the correct turns! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Here is the full review with specific pros and specific challenges to this inn.

1. On a recommendation from my husband I stayed at the Inn. At the past viewers stated it is a very charming hotel in the central of all the hustle and bustle. The inn itself is surrounded by restaurants and stores.

2. If you are a women traveling on business alone it is actually a very safe area. The stores are open until 9:00 pm and patrolled by officers so you can walk around late at night without a problem. That is nice since that has not been the case in other parts of DC.

3 . The rooms are tiny generally one best and a small bathroom. There is a shower and no bath so don't expect a nice soothing luxurious bath at this nn

4. Internet - I have my own Internet set-up but I would inquire before you book if Internet is free. If memory serves me Internet was a daily rate of $ 13.95 per day.

5. Restaurant - The restaurant was overpriced and frankly with all the great food surrounding the Inn it is best to venture for a walk

6. Parking: Parking is steep in the hotel - $ 35.00 per day. I used panda parking online and walked 2 blocked to my parking spot and that cost me $ 25.00 per day

7. HUGE PROBLEM: The night before I left I requested a 4:30 am walk up call for Room 317 and the evening receptionist confirmed it back to me on the phone. The call never came so I missed my flight. It took me 15 hours to get home and a lot of problems along the way. So do not ask for a wake-up call rely on your own devices.

8. CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE QUESTIONABLE: I have the hotel 4 days to respond to the wake-up call incident. I sent the manager and the women that assisted me a detailed email explaining the situation and the role they played and they never responded. That is disappointing.

All in all I still gave them a 4 because there location is strong, their inn is charming but they have lost trust in my business because of their inability to handle an important task like a wake-up call.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

very charming hotel in Georgetown Washingon DC. Its a historic hotel, so its verys olde worlde, but very nice. Room quite a good size, small bathroom. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Quaint area. Hop on Hop off bus stops right outside hotel. Downtown Washington doesnt seem to have many restaurants or shops. Sue, Carine Travel Bug, Perth, Australia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Georgtown Inn. As he was traveling for business and I needed to be in touch with my family back home, we found the very poor to non existent at times Internet connection a real issue. In this day and age, people travel with devices that require Internet connection to allow them to communicate. As we couldn't Skype, my phone bill was horrendous as I needed to communicate with an ill mother and a daughter in Australia and a son in Europe. We gave up trying to get our emails and a newspaper took 10 hours to download!
Although the Georgetown Inn is a charming hotel in a great location, I doubt that we would stay there again. Obviously management don't care, as complaints to front desk, an email and phone call to the manager were ignored.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms with the older style furnishings
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We apologize for the experience you describd with the Internet connection, and we appreciate the time you took to let us know. It is through such feedback that we are able to make improvements. We are pleased you found the room enjoyable, we welcome an opportunity to earn back your business.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Wow! We really enjoyed ourselves and our stay at this hotel. It was on husband's work combined with a couple of days of RnR towards the end of his trip and so we were appointed a suite. Loved it! Fantastic living area, with a separate space for the sleeping room and the bed in of itself was so comfortable, I found myself sleeping in the first day, almost till 3pm! Very relaxing indeedy.
The bathroom and the toiletries were all exquisite, boutique products.
Service was very efficient.
Fantastic location, by the canal. Great for morning walks.
And close to several good restaurants and shopping.
I was there to visit the museums and found myself spending more time discovering Georgetown.
Best place to stay in town. Bit pricey though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Everything about our recent one night stay at The Georgetown Inn was lovely. Service at the front desk was wonderful. The bed was as comfortable as any heavenly bed i've experienced at the luxury chains. The flatscreen TV was nicely tucked into a cabinet. (okay, the tv reception sucked, but we weren't there to watch tv). The traditional decor fit in with the neighborhood--tastefully done. Our bathroom was tiny yet had all the essentials, even the upscale soaps. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: search for the free parking package through AAA.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!